Audified, the makers of STA Effects have released a second generation of their popular STA Effects plug-in Bundle. STA Effects 2 is a response to the positive feedback from STA Effects users. STA Effects 2 is a bundle of new and improved summing tube processing plug-ins based around their Summing Tube Amplifier (STA) technology from which the bundle takes its name. The plug-ins are the preamp, phaser, flanger, chorus, enhancer and the new delay plug-in.
The Audified STA (Summing Tube Amplifier) technology that the original and second-generation STA Effects bundle of summing tube processing plug-ins both benefit from uses two signal paths, one being processed by modulation or spectral change while the other remains unprocessed. Those two signals are then mixed using vacuum tube (valve) circuitry models, designed to give these ordinary-sounding effects like flanging or phasing sound extraordinary with some unique and warm characteristics.
What's New In STA Effects 2
- Major GUI update with Retina support.
- Algorithms operating point can now be calibrated between 0 and -24 dBFS. Default is -9dBFS.
- Level In and Level Out parameters added so you can easily adjust signal level to reach desired saturation.
- Delay plugin added.
- DSP algorithms performance improved.
- STA simulation algorithm protection added – too hot signal at the input of the STA circuit is hard-clipped.
- Clip indicators were added to VU meters.
New Delay Module Added to STA Effects
The new delay module has control over Tempo, Decay, Stereo, Ping Pong, HPF (Hi-Pass Filter), and LPF (Low-Pass Filter) parameters
Common Features In STA Effects 2
All the modules share the same set of characteristics controls by choosing one of five virtual buttons:
- P (Presence — higher amount of mid-high frequencies to better cut through the mix)
- V (Vintage — smoother highs and more even harmonics)
- B (Brown — an almost flat frequency response with only light high-frequency rolloff and attractive higher harmonic punch)
- W (White — higher amount of higher frequencies with balanced ratio between the even and odd harmonics)
- L (LoFi — less low and high frequencies)
Other common controls are.....
- Level In/Level Out (calibrated to provide saturation at a level of -9 dBFR, corresponding to 0 dBVU on the meters)
- Wet Only (mutes the dry signal before the STA circuit)
- Saturation (drives the modelled tube circuitry into saturation)
- Sync (host application tempo-synchronisation settings)
- Meters (switches between metering the input and output stages of the plug-in), and BYPASS (turns off the effects processing)
Audified Marketing Director Jakub Turecek shares with us company’s thinking behind STA Effects
The digital audio world tends to be very accurate and overly calculated nowadays. The lack of technical errors can lead to sterility in contemporary music production, so STA Effects represent the perfect combination of both worlds. They are an exact simulation of vintage valve circuitry’s characteristic behaviour, so bring more life to mixes. The GUI (Graphical User Interface) has been given a major makeover with Retina support, so users can clearly see and hear what they’re getting… just open your eyes and ears!
Audified STA Effects 2 Pricing
All six STA Effects plug-ins are available to purchase as a bundle for $129.00 USD from Audified’s online shop (STA Delay and STA Preamp can be bought separately for $49.00 USD each.)
Audified STA Effects System Requirements & Formats
- Mac - 32 and 64-bit AAX, AU, VST2, and VST3 compatible plug-ins for Mac OS X (10.9.5 or newer)
- Windows - 32 and 64-bit AAX, VST2, and VST3 compatible plug-ins for Windows (7 - 10)