Plugin Alliance have released the latest plugin from Unfiltered Audio - Fault which has been designed to manipulate pitch and time. Whether used at mix down to build up tracks or in sound design to totally mangle instruments beyond recognition, take a look at Fault and see what it might do to stimulate your imagination.
- Dual-channel Pitch Shifters, Frequency Modulators and Delay lines can be stereo-linked or independently operated for intense widening effects.
- Unfiltered Audio's flagship modulation system provides six freely assignable and fully automatable modulators with drag-and-drop virtual patching.
- Over 100 presets featuring settings from Richard Devine, The Crystal Method, Mirrorball Entertainment, and Toby Pitman of Air Studios.
Three main processors power Fault's comprehensive spectral control. Dual-channel Pitch Shifters retune sounds up or down as much as a full octave, in steps as small as 0.1 semitone.
The stereo Frequency Shifter can be modulated by precision FM controls to create beautiful and discordant sounds alike.
Stereo Delays use cross-channel feedback and filters to add immersive depth. And if that weren't enough, every control knob and switch setting can be itself controlled dynamically by up to six powerful and flexible modulators.
Fault - Medicine or Mutilation?
Fault's schizophrenic personality can take your tracks in any direction you want: make boring tracks sound richer and more exciting, or take pristine tracks to the next level of frequency-modulated mayhem. Place the Frequency Shifters in ring modulation mode and sprinkle with short delays to make a dull, lifeless snare drum sizzle like a firecracker. Still too tame for your industrial heart? Filter and feed back Fault's Pitch Shifters and add a smidgen of split-second delays to make snare hits sound like sonar hunting for submarines! If you can imagine it, Fault will take you there.
Fault's freely assignable modulators create ADT (automatic double tracking) effects for vocals than most doublers. Modulate an LFO—patched to the stereo Pitch Shifters—with a second LFO to create tape recorder-style varispeed ADT effects like the Beatles used on their vocals!
In hard rock and alt-rock productions try using Fault to create heavy sub-octave effects on drum room mics, or use the Frequency Shifters' FM controls to make a grand piano track sound like an electric keyboard under water.
Fault can also create all the conventional effects you need for everyday processing, including ping-pong delays, chorus, flanging and more. Independent stereo parameters facilitate the ability to broaden sounds while an internal M/S matrix allows for width control and optional output to Mid and Side components for further processing.
Fault System Requirements
- Supported Plugin Formats
- AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3
- Supported Operating Systems
- Mac OS X 10.6 through 10.11
- Windows 7 through 10
- Pro Tools 10 or higher or any VST/VST3/AU-compatible host running on a supported operating system
- Mac - Intel CPU only (minimum 2 GHz recommended)
- PC - Intel-compatible CPU with SSE2 instruction set (Pentium 4 compatible or higher; minimum 2 GHz recommended)
Fault Price And Availability
- Price - $99 - Available now.
- There is also a 14-day fully functional trial: Simply download and run the installer, then activate the plugin from within your DAW. No dongle required. You will need a Plugin Alliance account, but you can set one up for free.