Russ, Mike, and James chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
- Get a 1 Year All Access Pass for Groove3 for just $89.99, instead of $150. And then you can enjoy immediate access to over 1100 hours of top-notch video tutorials about your studio tools and gear with new videos every week, so there's always something cool to learn about.
- Groove3 are also offering 60% off all downloads for a very limited period so if you are only interested in one or two titles then this offer might be of interest to you.
- Win A PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile Interface as featured on Studio One Expert but will work as an interface with Pro Tools too.
- Check out the Partner section of the Win page
- FREE Nugen Audio AB Assist Plug-in - Exclusive To Production Expert - Now In AAX, AU & VST Formats
- Virtual CZ Synth By Plugin Boutique £34.99 - 40% discount
- EdiLoad v3.3 By Sounds In Sync £338 - 30% Discount
- Audified GK Amplification 2 Pro Bass Amp Modelling Plugin & App £29 - 40% Discount
- Check out the Partner section on the Deals page
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Until September 30th, when you purchase a new 4-710d Tone-Blending Mic Preamp, you’ll get a UAD-2 QUAD Core PCIe Card or UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Core (Thunderbolt or FireWire) DSP Accelerator with the Analog Classics Plus Plug-In Bundle — absolutely FREE!
- Get Great Content From Pro Tools Expert Partners - An Experiment. The first one from Universal Audio will be on the site very soon.
- Myths Of Modern Recording - The Best DAW Myth
- Gobbler Woes - Customers Locked Out Of Data
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
RSPE are going to be releasing weekly tutorial videos on the Avid S6 with Gary Lux. In the first video, Gary will be demonstrating Locking Strips. Which is a feature added in software v2.2, Locking Strips allows you to lock any strip to its current location on the surface, leaving it unaffected by nudging, banking, or spilling. This is great for scoring mixers who need quick access to the dialog track, or for tracking when you need to keep the click nearby.
- Scott Gillen wanted to suggest DeFaulter as a solution to Andreas Russo’s question in podcast 226 about levelling clips in Pro Tools session.
- Nick Spradlin was listening to Bobby Owsinski’s podcast ‘Inner Circle’ and wanted to share with this community about Facebook buying Two Big Ears and now giving away the Big Ears Immersive audio tools for free.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
Check out the Create Pro system configure page…. They not only pimp your old mac but they can build you a bespoke system around a Mac 5.1 Click to spec up your mega mac audio system
- Killian FitzGerald yes a number of cloud based file sharing services and would value our views on which services we use.
Get To Know The Team
In this feature, each week each of us will share something about us that you are unlikely to know about so you can get to know as as people.
Team Find Of The Week Sponsored by Output
So you have been through all the Output instruments. And have been through and listened to all the patches in those instrument and you are still hungry for more? Check out the Output Expansion packs for all your favourite Output instruments…. There are 9 to choose from so far with more coming all the time.
- Russ - Source Connect Video - see Source Elements Facebook page
- Mike - Neve valve console - see our Facebook page for images.
- James - PreSonus StudioLive 24-4-2 Ai. It’s stunning.