Russ, Mike, and Julian chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
- Get a 1 Year All Access Pass for Groove3 for just $89.99, instead of $150. And then you can enjoy immediate access to over 1100 hours of top-notch video tutorials about your studio tools and gear with new videos every week, so there's always something cool to learn about.
- Win A PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile Interface as featured on Studio One Expert but will work as an interface with Pro Tools too.
- FREE Nugen Audio AB Assist Plug-in - Exclusive To Production Expert - Now In AAX, AU & VST Formats
- Virtual CZ Synth By Plugin Boutique £34.99 - 40% discount
- EdiLoad v3.3 By Sounds In Sync £338 - 30% Discount
- Audified GK Amplification 2 Pro Bass Amp Modelling Plugin & App £29 - 40% Discount
- New Deals from our Partners section on this page. We currently have deals from McDSP, Universal Audio, Groove3, Sound Radix, Output, Waves, PureMix and iZotope. Check out the Partner section on the Deals page
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Until September 30th, when you purchase a new 4-710d Tone-Blending Mic Preamp, you’ll get a UAD-2 QUAD Core PCIe Card or UAD-2 Satellite QUAD Core (Thunderbolt or FireWire) DSP Accelerator with the Analog Classics Plus Plug-In Bundle — absolutely FREE!
- Our response to comments on the mental illness discussion in the podcast.
- Pro Tools Ideascale Top 20 - Folders In The Clips List
- Recording Drums And Guitars - How To Get Better Tone Without EQ
- Should You Use The Avid Application Manager? Our Advice
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
If you are confused about what Pro Tools Upgrade you should go for, then be one of the first to use RSPE Audio's Pro Tools Upgrade Configurator. All you need to do is answer a couple of easy questions and Configurator will help find the right upgrade plan for you!
- Julius Mauranen in response to podcast 223 we believes he can export files from Pro Tools in different formats at the same time, whereas we feel it is not possible.
- Gregory is having trouble getting our Track Hack working with Pro Tools 12.5 and Mac OS El Capitan, can we help? Here is the link to Pro Tools Preset Track Hack Updated For Pro Tools 11 Mac which might help you.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
Our friends at Create Pro now have the AMD R9 280X 3GB GPU for Mac Pro back in stock. A firm favourite with Mac Pro users due to its OpenCL performance, and the R9 280X is a huge step up from the standard ATI 5770 and 5870 GPUs,and is compatible with 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2012 Mac Pro systems. For users of OpenCL powered applications, such as Final Cut Pro X, Adobe CC Suite & Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve, the AMD R9 280X for Mac Pro can be a low price way to supercharge GPU performance.
- Gustaf Jackson would like our advice on whether to continue the upgrade plan for Pro Tools 12 HD as it expires in the next week.
- Andreas Russo would like help in workflows and tools to get all the clips in his sessions to the same and appropriate level and loudness. Check out Mike’s tutorial series - Understanding Loudness.
- Andy Harsant is having some latency issues in Pro Tools 12 that he didn’t have in Pro Tools 10 when recording vocals through aux tracks. Check out this video that we referred to in the podcast - Delay Compensation Issue And Solutions When Using Cascading Record Tracks In Pro Tools.
Get To Know The Team
In this feature, each week each of us will share something about us that you are unlikely to know about so you can get to know as as people.
Team Find Of The Week Sponsored by Output
So by now you know that Movement is the new Plug-in from Output. And because Movement is a plug-in not a VI you can do some crazy stuff with it… like side-chaining your effects. Watch this video by Output showing you how to do just that. Check out James’ review of Output’s Movement
- Russ - Ummm - Here is the video to prove it....
- Mike - Abstract Ambiences from SoundBits
- Julian - Miloco Gear