Avid, the makers of Pro Tools, have announced the release of Pro Tools 12.5.1, an update for Pro Tools 12.
This is a release to address bugs and shows that Avid have been taking that task seriously, the list runs to over 4 pages and covers almost every part of the Pro Tools application.
Pro Tools 12.5.1 Enhancements
Pro Tools | Dock Support
The EUCON AppSet for Pro Tools | Dock is installed automatically with Pro Tools 12.5.1. This AppSet is required for proper Dock button functionality. Refer to the “Optimizing EuControl After a Pro Tools Update” section of the Pro Tools | Dock guide or visit Pro Tools | Dock Support for setup instructions. Learn more about Pro Tools | Dock here.
New Features and Improvements in Pro Tools 12.5.1
- Project Collaboration Invitations in the Dash-board
- Opening a Project from the Chat Window
Pro Tools 12.5.1 Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed an unexpected volume change that intermittently occurred when using non-HDX playback engines and starting playback from directly on top of a mute automation event
- Fixed a crash that occurred when a Commit command was cleared from the undo queue
- Write to All enabled no longer fails to work when using the numeric keypad shortcut on non-English keyboard layouts
For a full list of what's new in Pro Tools 12.5.1 read this article.
Qualifying owners should check their Avid account or use the Avid Application Manager for the update.