Russ, Mike, James and Julian chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
iZotope VocalSynth Explained - VocalSynth is iZotope's new twist on the vintage vocoder, and in this in-depth video tutorial series you can learn it inside out as well as how to get creative with VocalSynth.
- The Sampling Handbook - 20% Discount
- Boz Digital Mixing Bundle £100 - 50% Discount
- TrainYourEars V2 EQ Ear Training Software £31 - 20% Discount
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
7’06” With all our talk about large format consoles and then creating one or two of our own in the mother of all tests with 6 UAD Octo cards, UAD are offering up to 40% off all their Neve plugins until May 31st, so you haven’t got long to get yourself a piece of Britishness for you UAD hardware.
Last week we managed to get an exclusive interview with Avid Pro Audio Marketing Director Tony Cariddi and Russ asked him about a wide range of questions. If you haven’t listened to the interview then we do strongly recommend you do so that you can make your own mind up first hand.
In the comments Tony has come in for some criticism in the way he handled the questions. here what we felt about the interview and whether we thought there were gaps in his answers and whether the criticisms from some community members founded.
Then Russ wrote a very thought provoking and challenging article on criticism. hear how we each handle criticism and whether we think there is good and bad criticism.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
Our friends at RSPE have let us know that they have an Pro Tools Dock for iPad in their demo suite and that they have stock. So if you are based in the LA area then pop over to RSPE and check out the Pro Tools Dock for yourself.
- Vivian Thompson would like to give the community the heads up for those interested in dsd audio and the future of hi res audio streaming. dsd streaming on demand.
- Paul Hoffman would like Mike to make a shootout review between eq matching plug-ins - FabFilter Pro Q2, iZotope RX Advanced and the Nugen Audio SEQ.
- Hensku would like to know what bass guitar he used on the Ampeg SVT-Pro review
- Philippe Meiresonne is concerned about the future of Avid because some of the stories on internet about Avid shares and advice to buy or sell shares
- Slav saw James’ interview with Sebastian from Dynaudio and wanted our advice about the BM12 Mk III versus the new LYD8 speakers.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the studio…. Part 2 of the Mega Octo test went live. This is the real world mix test…. Let us know what you think.
- We had a question from a first year LIPA student asking for our views on the changing revenue models in the music industry, which sounded like he was asking us to do their assignment for him.
- Brian Nixon wanted to ask if we knew why having made some tracks with plug-ins on them, when he makes the tracks active again a lot of the plug-ins had disappeared.
Get To Know The Team
In this feature, each week each of us will share something about us that you are unlikely to know about so you can get to know as as people.
Team Find Of The Week
- Russ - New Slate Mix Rack plugins
- Mike - Groove3 Tutorial Series on iZotope’s Vocal Synth free to watch until the end of May
- James - Sounds like I’m sucking up to the sponsor but….. Movement by Output… AMAZING
- Julian - Klang 3D in ear monitoring system