Avosound Release New Sound Library - Desolation Soundscapes
Desolation Soundscapes contains 31 audio tracks of concentrated silence, recorded in 5.1 Surround, Stereo and MS Stereo. These recordings were made in some of the most remote areas of the world and are part of the Mountain Soundscapes collection. Although these recordings technically contain 'nothing', their timbre adds force and expression to to a scene. 'Nothingness' is a powerful sound with many variations. When used properly, the Desolation Soundscapes convey infinity and vastness, yet at the same time they can also signify constriction and quietude. Desolation is the background colour of a scene, the basic colour of its acoustic image. Desolation is the sound horizon.
Many of these recordings were made in the Swiss mountains. As it has become increasingly hard to find total isolation in Switzerland, they traveled around the world for several years to make these recordings possible, setting up camp (and microphones) in remote places such as Iceland, Tibet and New Zealand. Thanks to some truly intricate sound editing, they eventually managed to eliminate every imaginable interference in the finished tracks. These files are now 'pure' backgrounds, ready to be used in your productions. Avosound Desolation Soundscapes is priced at $99.
Airborne Sound Release Attack Aircraft Maneuvers
So we shatter the silence of Desolation Soundscapes with the noise of Attack Aircraft Maneuvers from Airborne Sound. This new sound fx library includes the sounds of 4 military jet fighters performing a wide variety of aerial maneuvers. Attack Aircraft Maneuvers includes field recordings from four elite military jets:
- F–16C Fighting Falcon “Viper” – this jet has dominated the skies for almost 40 years with a crispy, cracking sound that lends the impression that the air has been set on fire.
- F/A–18C Hornet – famous for its characteristic supersonic whistling passes, the advanced power of the Hornet surrounds listeners with an immersive echo of rippling thunder.
- CT–114 Tutor “Snowbird” – performed solo and also in squadrons, the small, maneuverable Snowbird sails easily across the sky with a full, breathy sound.
- CF–18 Hornet – a Canadian variant that adds improvements to the base F/A–18 model, as well as a touch more sonic punch.
Few sound recordings of these military jets exist, and we are thrilled to share a selection of their sonic signatures.
The Attack Aircraft Maneuvers sound bundle provides clips of powerful warplanes cresting, ripping, whipping by with aggressive screams, and roaring past in thundering, fiery infernos as they tear across the sky. Other takes feature graceful soaring as the jets sail above.
Attack Aircraft Maneuvers gives you a good selection of textures to choose from. Use the crackling and scraping maneuvers to convey anger and aggression. Choose the airy takes to suggest elegance. The high 96 kHz/24-bit sample rate allows sound designers to warp these textures into new creations without fear of introducing digital artifacts.
Attack Aircraft Maneuvers includes:
- 118 sound files
- 96 kHz/24-bit stereo WAV files.
- 1.62 gigabytes.
- 15+ fields of Soundminer metadata.
- Spec sheet with aircraft and field recording info.
- Price - $59.00