Russ, Mike, Julian and Dan chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
- Songwriting with Toontracks EZKeys - In this video tutorial series Eli Krantzberg guides you through unlocking your songwriting ideas using EZKeys and a number of different song styles as examples!
- FabFilter Pro-Q 2 Explained - In this in-depth video tutorial series by Eli Krantzberg, you’ll learn everything you need to know about how to navigate and utilize this creative EQ in sound design, mixing, and even mastering.
- The Sampling Handbook - 20% Discount
- Boz Digital Mixing Bundle £100 - 50% Discount
- TrainYourEars V2 EQ Ear Training Software £31 - 20% Discount
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
This month UAD Annual Reverb, Delay and Modulation Sale Save up to 50% on AKG, Ocean Way, EMT, AMS/Neve and more. This sale ends on April 30th. Check out the store on the UAD Store
- We recently ran a poll to see how you are using the new cloud collaboration features added in Pro Tools 12.5 Pro Tools 12.5 - Which Cloud Collaboration Plan Are You Using? Poll
- Freelancers - How Do You Manage Clients? This came in as a question from a community member and we decided to share the question with the community as well as making it the subject of our second talking point in this podcast.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
Check out the studio furniture page on the RSPE site. They have some very cool looking desks from Zaor which they describe as the coming together of Italian style and German engineering
- Conrad Osipowicz wanted our thoughts on laggy issues with graphics following Mike’s article on upgrading his graphics card to resolve the issue.
- Itzhak Yaron would like a video on how to use Vienna ensemble Pro 5. Check out Russ’ video on our premium video platform
- Bertrand Grichting picked up on article from Russ about learning a new skill. Bertrand has learn to solder and made some of his studio gear.
- Christopher Vandeviver has had problems with the Eleven Rack producing broadband white noise and after a lot of work has resolved the problem as it was down to grounding issues.
- Nigel Alker really enjoyed our recent article on mixing on headphones and would like a video tutorial on the subject.
- Jeff o’Neil wanted to share his experiences on laggy graphics, he has Pro Tools 12 on both a trash can Mac Pro and a MacBook Pro with El Capitan, and the MacBook Pro exhibits much less problems.
- David Topple would like to add the Tonebenders podcast to the list of podcasts we covered in Podcast 215.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
A little while ago I shared my story about upgrading my graphics card. Over on the Create Pro blog they have a post on their Complete List of Nvidia OS X Drivers for GTX 960, 970, 980, 980Ti & TITAN X graphics cards as they require non-Apple drivers to be used in OS X. In order to make things easier for everyone, they have added a new page to their main site, which includes links to the Nvidia Mac drivers for every OS X build number.
- Ben Thomas wanted our thoughts following a nightmare recording experience in a school with very low mains voltage and wondered if we had any ideas so he would prevent this from happening.
Get To Know The Team
In this feature, each week each of us will share something about us that you are unlikely to know about so you can get to know as as people.
Team Find Of The Week
- Russ - Video Slave 2 Pro - Check out the deal on Studio One Expert
- Mike - iZotope RX Final Mix rediscovered the EQ - check out my tutorial series on Groove3
- Julian - McDSP 6050
- Dan - The Sampling Handbook - Check out the deal on our Deals page