Multiband compression is a powerful tool that if used incorrectly can instantly destroy a mix and fool you into thinking your mix sounds radio ready when it actually sounds radio flat.
In the full pureMix tutorial Fab Dupont dives in deep into dark world of multiband compressors and explains the theory behind these beasts while also showing you how and where to apply these techniques to your own mixes. Learn from Fab’s 4 unique examples:
- Removing the boominess from an upright bass
- Fixing a poorly recorded singer
- Bringing a crushed to death mix back to life
- Turning a great mix into a killer master
- Watch and learn all the tips and tricks you need to know to be a master of multiband compression.
Equipment & Software Used In This Tutorial
- Fabfilter Pro-MB
- Waves C4
- Flux:: The Alchemist v3
- McDSP ML4000
- Universal Audio UAD Precision Multiband
- Sonnox Oxford EQ
- Universal Audio UAD Pultec Pro
pureMix do recommend that if you haven’t seen The Fundamentals of Compressors and aren’t familiar with compressor settings in general, we suggest you watch that one first as this tutorial requires a strong working knowledge of compressors.