For the next month Waves are running a competition to give away 100 copies of their NX Virtual Mix Room plug-in.
In this video from NAMM 2016 James got a demonstration of the Waves NX plug-in. It is a rare moment that James is lost for words but here it comes. Watch, learn and then when NX becomes available try it for yourself.
Waves Nx is designed to give you the optimal acoustics of a great mix room – right inside your headphones. Powered by Waves’ groundbreaking Nx technology, this plug-in lets you hear, on headphones, the same natural depth, natural reflections, and panoramic stereo image you would be hearing from speakers in an actual, physical room. You can now enjoy all the advantages of headphones – portability, affordability, privacy – with all the acoustic benefits of a great-sounding, fully professional mixing facility.
If you would like to turn your headphones into a more reliable mixing and monitoring tool, here are some of the advantages Waves Nx can offer:
- Waves claim that the Nx technology “unmasks” your headphone sound, letting you hear everything with real-world dimension, rather than flat in your head. This way, you can hear all the elements of your mix accurately laid out in space, just as you would in the sweet spot of a beautiful-sounding room.
- Waves also claim that the Nx technology finally bridges the gap between monitoring on speakers and monitoring on headphones: no longer do you have to worry that what you’ve mixed on headphones will sound different once you switch to speakers. By letting you hear on headphones the same natural depth and stereo spread you would be hearing on external monitors, Waves Nx puts an end to constant cross-referencing between the two.
It will also be possible to use Waves Nx with real-time head tracking – taking advantage of your computer’s camera or the Waves Head Tracker unit – and enjoy the enhanced realism of being in the Virtual Mix Room, anywhere and everywhere you go.
Waves Nx Key Features:
- Get the great acoustics of a professional mix room – inside your headphones
- Hear natural depth and real-world stereo image over headphones
- Bridge the headphone/speaker gap – put an end to constant cross-referencing between headphones and speakers
- Use Waves Nx with real-time head tracking for enhanced realism
- Mix for 5.1 surround on your regular stereo headphones