Russ, Mike, James and Julian chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
- Studio Fundamentals Vol. 1 Bundle Reg Price $275 - Now $48 finishes in one week. Featuring a total runtime of over 13 hours, this special bundle covers the important basics you need to know when creating and recording songs and tracks in your studio. The bundle includes, Creativity Kickstart, EQ Explained, Compression Explained, Delay Explained, Reverb Explained, Recording Vocals Explained, The Fundamentals of Mixing, and Mastering In The Box Explained.
- Win The Amazing Softube Console 1 With Pro Tools Expert
- Win The MIYO Mastering Headphone Amplifier By H2 Designs Worth $249
- Last few days to Complete A Survey And Win $4586 Worth Of Softube Plugins Courtesy Of Focusrite
- Non Lethal Applications Video Slave 2 Pro 20% Discount
- Air Instrument Expansion Pack £115 - 50% Off
- Prime Studio Caribou Plug-in Bundle £195 - 25% Discount
- Bobby Owsinski 101 Mixing Tricks Programme - £170 - 50% Discount
- Slapper Stereo By The Cargo Cult £99 - 40% Discount - Limited Availibility
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
This month UAD Annual Reverb, Delay and Modulation Sale Save up to 50% on AKG, Ocean Way, EMT, AMS/Neve and more. This sale ends on April 30th. Check out the store on the UAD Store
- Audio over IP - 5 Things To Think About - Julian our very own Mr Audio over IP specialist, wrote an excellent article for us thing about regarding some of the issues about Audio over IP.
- Russ wrote an interesting article suggesting tips to help us improve our productions and in the podcast we discuss our suggestions to add tips to Russ’ article. Improve Your Productions With These 5 Tips
- Following our bumper special on Avid’s Cloud Collaboration with Pro Tools 12.5 we produced an article Pro Tools Collaboration Underlines An Age-Old Truth About Producing Music and these issues came into our discussions in this week’s podcast.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
RSPE's PMC Boutique - you can listen to up to 5 Pairs of PMC Speakers including the new IB1S-AIII 'activated' reference monitor and the recently introduced QB1-A Active Reference Monitor, at RSPE's premises in Universal City, Los Angeles. This new facility is like an extension of the PMC factory, allowing them to deliver a high level of service, plus all the benefits of dealing directly with a manufacturer, to their West Coast customer base. You can also check out the 5 PMC speakers that you can here right now in the RSPE PMC Boutique.
- Glenn Skinner watched a video with a studio full of original vintage keyboards and wanted to share the his view that when we had these vintage units for first time we only have 2 or 3 of these keyboards and we learnt to create all the sounds we need with the units we owned and the same thing applies now with VIs like Omnisphere, Vacuum and Structure.
- Zenas Hopson wanted to know if would be possible to use the new Cloud Clarification with Pro Tools First and Pro Tools 12. We have an answer to this in our article Pro Tools 12.5 Cloud Collaboration FAQ - All You Need To Know
- Paul Figgiani following on from our discussions about the software criminal wanted to reinforce our advise to use the stock plug-ins and free plug-ins available and wanted to highlight the free Klanghelm Compressor.
- Bruno Gallo wanted to flag up his dissatisfaction which he has voiced to Avid regarding having to renew his upgrade plan to get Pro Tools 12.5 and his concerns regarding the Avid cloud collaboration pricing plans.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
You may think that EDM has best part of naff all to with Music theory but a little knowledge in that case can add wonders to your productions. Check out this article on the Create Pro site.
- Murray Creagh would like to discuss the relationship between MIDI and audio in Pro Tools as he has problems keeping everything in time within Pro Tools. Check out this excellent article on the Ableton web site
Team Find Of The Week Sponsored By Prime Studio
One of the highlights Prime Studio offer is the ability to choose the flavour of an analog mixing desk (Neve 80 series, EMI TG series) the mix is done on. Their online mastering services start at GBP 64.00 (excl. VAT) or the sparkle service for single tracks and stems shaping the sound with classic and rare vintage equipment like Pultecs, Fairchild etc. starting at GBP 12.00 (excl. VAT).
- Russ - My architect for my garage studio conversion
- Mike - Focusrite 4 Pre
- James - Orion Studio by Anletope. 1U…. A ton of I/O and that amazing Antelope master clock.
- Julian - iZotope Mobius filter