Russ, Mike, James and Dan chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
FabFilter Pro-Q 2 Explained - Eli Krantzberg will take you through FabFilter Pro-Q 2, one of the most highly regarded equaliser plug-ins available. In this in-depth video tutorial series, you'll learn everything you need to know about how to navigate and utilise this creative EQ in sound design, mixing, and even mastering.
- Win The Amazing Softube Console 1 With Pro Tools Expert
- Win The MIYO Mastering Headphone Amplifier By H2 Designs Worth $249
- Non Lethal Applications Video Slave 2 Pro 20% Discount
- Air Instrument Expansion Pack £115 - 50% Off
- Prime Studio Caribou Plug-in Bundle £195 - 25% Discount
- Bobby Owsinski 101 Mixing Tricks Programme - £170 - 50% Discount
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
This month UAD Annual Reverb, Delay and Modulation Sale Save up to 50% on AKG, Ocean Way, EMT, AMS/Neve and more. This sale ends on April 30th. Check out the store on the UAD Store
- Hardware and Avid - What should Avid do about Hardware - This week in the podcast we share our views and opinions as to where we think Avid should go and where we think they may go for HD and non HD interfaces.
- Grammy Nominated Greg Wurth Joins The Production Expert Family We are pleased to announce not only Greg Wurth is joining us on our premium video platform as well as John Davidson, an audio post production specialist based in Washington DC.
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
We know from our support email bag that users find Avid's Pro Tools pricing confusing and constantly changing. Consider contacting our friends at RSPE and their experts are ready to help you find the exact Pro Tools upgrade you need without all the confusion.
- Piotr Sobczak has decided not renew his upgrade plans for both his HD and Native systems and so will not be able to benefit from the collaboration features introduced in Pro Tools 12.5. He would like to see the collaboration features introduced as a plug-in so that users of earlier versions can access it.
- Carsten Groa wanted to share his experiences having bought the USB Apollo Twin which resulted into him having to do a major upgrade for his computer before it would work with his new Apollo Twin, and the moral of the story is to check the specs and requirements before you buy new hardware and software.
- Breyden Haptonstall would like to know what mouse Russ uses as it has a quiet click. It is a Logitech Ultra thin touch mouse.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
Watch out for the mega DSP processing test with 6 UAD-2 October cards using an expansion chassis that Rich has sourced and the sessions we will set up recording purely with UAD-2 plug-ins. Also check out the interview with Jan ‘Stan’ Kybert about new Mac Pro, working with Paul Weller & working in vs. out of the box
- Rob would like our advice for an upgrade path from his PTHD Native system on his Mac Pro 8 core late 2009 machine as it is getting slow and buggy for him. He is considering a Mac Pro trash can and an expansion chassis, what do we suggest?
Get To Know The Team
In this new feature, each week each of us will share something about us that you are unlikely to know about so you can get to know as as people.
Team Find Of The Week Sponsored By Prime Studio
Prime Studio also offer mastering services starting with single song treatment up to album masterings in stereo or 5.1 surround. The mastering is done using classic analog equipment too like an EMI TG12410 transfer desk, Fairchild 670 compression and more. You can check it out at Prime Studio site.
- Russ - Colin at McDSP - check out Colin's Corner
- Mike - Mac Mini i7 Server on Ebay at an excellent price. Still some left. Would make a great Pro Tools machine.
- James - Power line thing…. No need for Network cables. Devolo dLAN 1200 Plus
- Dan - Headphone shopping. Sonarworks have some great options that I’ve found. Audio Technica ATH-M70x. And they offer free shipping anywhere in the world