Mike, James, Julian and Dan chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
- For a limited time you can get the All-Access Pass at an unbelievable price. The All-Access Pass gives you instant access to every video on Groove3, and any that are added during your membership. 1 Year - $100, 2 years $175, and 3 years - $225.
- Melodyne 4 Advanced - Eli Krantzberg goes beyond Melodyne 4 Explained and digs even deeper into Melodyne 4.
- Win One Of Three Copies Of The New Sonnox Envolution Plug-in
- Win The Avid Pro Tools Dock For iPad - Worth £949/$1199
- Audified InValve 2 Effects Pack - 3 Plugins For £18 - 49% Discount
- Polyverse I WISH Plug-in £55 - 25% Discount
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Purchase and register any new UAD-2 OCTO PCIe Card or UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO Unit (Core, Custom, or Ultimate) from an authorised UA retailer between January 1st and March 31st, 2016, and get the API Vision Channel Strip, Studer A800 Tape Recorder, and Manley Variable Mu Compressor plug-ins free at product registration. No coupons or redemption codes are necessary. The plug-ins will be automatically added to your account once you register your new UAD-2 OCTO DSP Accelerator hardware.
- Tips & Suggestions For Mixing With Headphones - Adam Vasse has produced another thought provoking article on mixing with headphones. If you haven’t read it yet then check it out. So where do we stand with this thorny issue? Are there any plug-ins that help? When would you do this? What headphone do we use?
- Have All The "Classics" Been Modelled? - For our second talking point we are going to turn our attention to modelling the classic hardware. Julian asked the question as to whether we have maxed out on models of everything that ever moved, and we started by discussing where each of us are on this issue of modelling before moving onto discussing whether there are there any hardware units that still need to be modelled?
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
RSPE have updated and relaunched their Avid S6 Configurator tool with a new look and new modules to include all the 3rd party modules now available.
- Richard James creates sample content and has been having trouble getting a Roland TR8 in sync using MIDi clock with Ableton Live. But once he turned to Pro Tools it all fell into place and everything was bang in sync with MIDI Sync.
- Barry Edmonds has had problems with Windows automatically upgrade the OS to Windows 10
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
RAM it up. It’s an easy thing to do but worth taking a look at this article and video from Create Pro to make sure you do it right….. And make sure your machine knows just what you have done.
- Jon Velasquez is being asked to do a location sound project and will be recording onto Pro Tools 12.4 and wants our advice on timecode.
- Vaughn Watson is trying to use an Axiom Pro keyboard with Pro tools 12 and having some problems, do we have any advice?
- Bernard King is looking at a control surface and the SSL Nucleus in particular and would like our advice on what to look at.
- John Watza is editing sound for video for the first time and is having trouble getting an OMF out of Adobe Premiere into Pro Tools 12. Can we recommend an appropriate workflow. There are several threads on the DUC and here are the links to these…
Team Find Of The Week
- Mike - Avid TechTalk - Get a Grip on the Pro Tools Video Engine
- James - Aston Microphones Halo. Review to follow in the next day or so….
- Julian - Book - The Great British Recording Studios by Howard Massey
- Dan - Harrison MixBus. Mixing analog in the box for less than $100