Hot of the back of the Andrew Scheps double bill we shared with you recently, our friends at pureMix.net has just released a mixing tutorial video featuring Grammy winner John Paterno mixing hit artist Robbie Williams' song "Don't Stop Talking".
In just under 3 hours John takes us through his entire mixing process, from pulling up the faders for the first listen all the way to the final automation. In this video which you can get from the pureMix site for $39, see the techniques John uses to focus the energy and emotion of the song so that it translates everywhere. Topics include:
- Blending Drums, Bass, Guitars & Keyboards.
- Treating Lead and Background Vocals.
- Using Hardware EQ & Compression.
- Dynamic EQs & Mix Bus Processing.
- Writing Automation & Printing Effects.
The best part of the tutorial is that users also get to download the stems and mix the song themselves - turning theory into practice. Watch the trailer....