In this 25 minute video tutorial from pureMix, Fab Dupont mixes a simple and beautiful acoustic song by the ever talented Will Knox with just vocals, banjo, guitar & room microphones. Fab walks you through the mix step by step explaining every setting and decision. Learn how to quickly make a great sounding mix using only Universal Audio UAD plugins.
Fab show you how to:
- Equalize the vocals and then apply a tasteful amount of compression
- Tweak the tone and dynamics of the acoustic guitar with EQ and compression
- Cleaning up the Banjo sound using EQ
- Select and tweak the perfect reverb settings
- Mix bus compression to glue the mix together without destroying the dynamics
- The attached zip file contains the original uncompressed files of the session.
Exclusive Excerpt From How To Mix With UAD Plugins
In this exclusive excerpt you can learn from Fab Dupont how to setup the EMT 140 Reverb plugin from Universal Audio.
How To Watch The Full Video
You can watch his entire video in one of two ways. You can buy this video from pureMix for $14 or watch this video and many more by signing up to a pureMix subscription, which are available from $24.99 per month to get advanced audio tutorials where Grammy winning engineers teach you mixing concepts by showing you their techniques and tricks while mixing song by Pharrell, Imagine Dragons, Ziggy Marley and more.
If you would like to watch more free tutorials you can sign up for free at pureMix or browse the entire pureMix tutorial video library and chose the individual videos that appeal to you.
Try It For Yourself
Once you have bought this video or you are a PureMix subscriber, you will be able to download and import the session files in your DAW to practice mixing this song using your own tastes, tools, plug-ins along with Fab's tips and tricks provided in this mixing tutorial.