At the end of October we announced a new plugin from Neyrinck called Spill, which is a clever little plugin designed to resolve an ongoing niggle in multi-channel audio workflows where you need to rebalance the channels within say a 5.1 surround track. Spill, from Neyrinck, is available in AAX Native and DSP formats as well as AudioSuite. Originally packaged as part of the V-Control Pro bundle which is an annual license of $49.99. We can now reveal that Neyrinck have decided to make Spill available as a Perpetual license so you don't have to buy into an annual V-Control Pro license if you just want the Spill plugin.
What Is Spill?
Spill is an AAX Native, DSP and AudioSuite plug-in for Pro Tools. Spill saves huge amounts of time by adjusting channel levels on surround audio and bus tracks, just like the “spill” feature found on high-end digital film consoles. Spill supports Avid control surfaces and the V-PlugIn app for first class, hands-on control.
Neyrinck will normally sell the Perpetual version of Spill for $132 but this includes a one year license for the V-Control Pro Bundle which consists of...
- V-Control Pro Software
- V-Console App - iOS and Android - 8/16 fader skins and V-Window
- V-Panner App - iOS and Android - surround pan and Dolby Atmos plug-in screens
- V-PlugIn App - iOS only for controlling Spill
Spill And V-Control Pro Pricing
At the moment Neyrinck are offering this new Spill Bundle for $99 which is a 25% saving. The V-Control Pro Bundle price will remain as it was at $49.99 for a one year license, but will no longer include Spill.
Your purchase of Spill includes a coupon redeemable for V-Control Pro Bundle at no cost for the first 12 months. The coupon will be delivered via e-mail.
Special Exclusive Deal From Pro Tools Expert
You can check out Mike's review of Spill including how it works in V-Plugin on an iPad and iPhone as well as on his Pro Tools Dock.
Neyrinck Spill FAQ
- What DAWs can I use the Spill Plug-in with?
- As of now the Spill Plug-in is only available for Pro Tools.
- I am running Pro Tools 10 but the track names are not transferring to the V-PlugIn controller.
- There is less plug-in integration with previous versions of Pro Tools so certain data such as track name are not able to be shown.
- Can I install the Spill Plug-in on multiple machines?
- The Spill Plug-in can be installed on multiple machines, but can only be used on machines that are running with an active Spill Plug-in license on an iLok.
- I am a V-Control Pro Bundle License Owner. Can you help?
- If you purchased the V-Control Pro Bundle which previously included the Spill PlugIn you must install install version 1.0 available here (Windows users click here). You can exchange your V-Control Pro Bundle license for a Spill perpetual license by contacting Neyrinck Support.
- What is the oldest version of Pro Tools the Spill plug-in will run on?
- The Spill plug-in is an AAX plug-in so Pro Tools 10 is the earliest version that is supported.
If you want to know more about Neyrinck's V-Control Pro 2 then you can watch this video from Neyrinck...