Our friends at Waves have launched a new virtual keyboard instrument called Electric Piano 200. The Waves Electric Piano 200 extends the Waves VI collection following on from the Waves 88 Piano and Element 2.0 Virtual Analog Synth.
What Is The Waves Electric Piano 200?
Waves have sampled the classic 200-model electric piano bringing familiar sounds heard on classic hits by Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye, Ray Charles, Pink Floyd, Steely Dan and Queen. In addition to the instrument itself Waves have also added effects, a compressor and amp.
The Waves Electric Piano 200 is one instrument that has been sampled from two original 200-model electric pianos. These vary slightly in tone and can easily be switched between using the INST 1 & INST 2 control. If that's not enough variation then using a combination of the formant, amp drive and tone settings will enable users to shape the sound of the Waves Electric 200 Piano into endless possibilities.
- Sampled from two vintage electric pianos of the same 200 model
- Mix section for adding different sampled sounds from the originals (hammer, key up, mechanics)
- Compressor, limiter and amp included
- Effects include tremolo, autopan, phaser, chorus, reverb
- Plugin or standalone instrument
- Use your Electric 88 presets in Electric 200
Purchase & Availability
Waves Electric 200 Piano is available to purchase or demo from the Waves Website. Waves are offering an introductory price of $39 (regular $69)