Russ, Mike, James and Dan chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
- During November Groove3 are offering their biggest sale of the year and a 50% discount you can get the amazing One-Year All-Access Pass during November for just $74.99! If you already have an active All-Access Pass, the new 1 Year AAP will automatically be added onto your existing membership, so you don’t lose any time.
- Producing Bass Lines with Output SUBSTANCE Larry Holcombe takes you on a video tutorial journey into SUBSTANCE, using it to create bass sounds and lines for a wide variety of genres!
- Win A Townsend Labs Sphere 3D Microphone System Worth $1799
- Win One of Five Copies Of LEVELS from Mastering The Mix
- Win All the SoundBits Sound Effects Libraries - one lucky person will win a copy of every single library in the SoundBits Catalogue.
- Also check out the competitions from our partner brands in the new section on the Win page.
- Video Slave 3 Dub By Non Lethal Applications - Save 20% £920
- Get 15% Off Any Angelbird Products
- Prime Studio Prime Comp II Plug-in - £32 - Save 60%
- New Deals from our Partners section on this page
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview is Paul Drew’s interview with Bobby Owsinski about the music industry.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Put Fairchild and Neve on your desktop. Until December 31st, purchase and register a new Apollo Twin audio interface (USB or Thunderbolt) and get UAD plug-ins from Neve, Fairchild, and UA — absolutely FREE!
Buy the Solo Thunderbolt and get the Fairchild® Tube Limiter Plug-In Collection and Oxide™ Tape Recorder Plug-In
Buy the Duo Thunderbolt or USB and get the Neve® 1073 Preamp & EQ Plug-In Collection as well as the Fairchild® Tube Limiter Plug-In Collection and Oxide™ Tape Recorder Plug-In.
- New Developments in the Windows and Mac worlds…
- iLok 3 Announced - Smaller, Faster, Better - Exclusive
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
Finding a good dealer who will look after you is important. Find one that gives you great prices and great support and you are sorted. With RSPE if you are looking for really good prices on Pro Tools, especially with the lower prices that have come with Pro Tools 12.6, then check out their special Pro Tools pages, find what you want, and then ring them up as they may be able to give you an even better price that what they can advertise on their web site.
- Michael Lindner is very happy running a G5 running Pro Tools 7.3.1 and wondered if there are others in a similar position using an older system.
- Julius Chan has seen Avid’s announcement that they have acquired Nexidia and is hoping that Dialogue Search in Pro Tools.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
Drum & Bass legend Roni Size talks DAWs, audio hardware and all things inspirational in this Create Pro Q&A.
- Larry Alexander is currently soon Pro Tools 12.4 with Mac OS 10.10.5 and would like to know if anyone is using Pro Tools 12.6 ideally on mac OS Sierra.
- Simon Chase is looking at upgrading his cheese-grater Mac Pro and MacBook Pro and is looking at having a new MacBook Pro as his main machine and whether it will perform as well as his old 2010 2 x 2.4 Quad Core Mac Pro. Check out the speedtest that James did on the iZ Technologies Radar Studio
Team Find Of The Week Sponsored by Output
The folks at Output are an ever creative bunch and their latest work is a new Expansion Pack for the amazing vocal sound engine Exhale.
- Russ - iLok 3
- Mike - Dirac - Something I am going to dig into further as it looks as if it is a halfway house between Sonarworks and Trinnov.
- James - Two Notes Audio Engineering Torpedo Studio….. Guitar Amp load box / power soak / Re-amper / Speaker cab and mic simulator.
- Dan - Synth Anthology 2 by UVI - An easy to use Synth Sample collection, review to follow