Our friends at pureMix are offering 3 videos from Ryan West as a bundle for just $50 which is a saving of $43 based on their individual prices. The 3 videos are - Ryan West Mixing Asher Roth 'Tangerine Girl', Ryan West Mixing a Hip Hop Song ft. John Legend, and Using Delays with Ryan West. We have an exclusive clip from one of Ryan's videos that you can watch free.
Ryan West Mixing Asher Roth 'Tangerine Girl'
See how Ryan West mixed the hip-hop song 'Tangerine Girl' by Asher Roth, unveiling his signature sound and mix tricks. In this video you can watch step by step about the workflow and sonic decisions that combined to create Ryan's signature sound and a badass hip-hop mix and learn how to....
- Get deep and hard hitting drum sounds
- Clean up and manage competing bass frequencies
- Make vocals sound in-your-face and spacious at the same time
- Spice up background vocals
- Create a killer master bus chain to sweeten and glue the whole mix together
- Don't forget to download the stems, import them in your favorite DAW and practice using the same tracks Ryan used in this video!
Ryan West Mixing a Hip Hop Song ft. John Legend
Ryan West has worked with the biggest hip hop names in the industry including Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Dr. Dre, and Eminem. Engineer Ryan West mixes the song ‘Break Bread’ by Dujeous featuring John Legend entirely in the box. See how Ryan handles:
- Acoustic and electronic drums
- Tons of keyboard tracks
- Live horns and strings
- Processing rap vocals and sung vocals (featuring John Legend)
- Ryan shows you how achieve a hip hop mix all in the box and make your mixes sound larger than life. He goes through every step of his mixing process and even takes the time to experiment and have fun with some of the plugins.
Using Delays with Ryan West
In this video, famous engineer and producer Ryan West discusses his use of delays and shares his approach to putting space in a track without weighing it down and sweetening vocals without adding garbage. Ryan has helped define the sound of a style with his work with Jay-Z, Eminem, Kid Cudi, Maroon 5, T.I, Rihanna and Kanye West amongst many others.
Delays can be a great alternative to reverb to get a modern sound without that obvious tail. Ryan's techniques use simple plugins and should be easy to understand and be immediately applicable to any style of music. You will learn about short and long delays, Slapback Delays, Delay Throws, how to create a stereo image with delays, how to treat those delays with compression, distortion, eqs and reverb for better integration and clarity in the mix.
Exclusive Clip From Ryan West
We have an exclusive clip from one of Ryan's videos where he teaches people how to use slap delay on rap vocals to add dimension around the vocals, probably the #1 question that I've received about how to mix rap is how to get the vocals to stand out, this is the one of the tricks.
If you would like to get this bundle for $50 and save $43, then go to the PureMix store and snap it up before October 31st 2016.
If you would like to watch more free tutorials you can sign up for free at pureMix or browse the entire pureMix tutorial video library and subscribe to get advanced audio tutorials where Grammy winning engineers teach you mixing concepts by showing you their techniques and tricks while mixing song by Pharrell, Imagine Dragons, Ziggy Marley and more.