Avid have announced the release of Sibelius® | First 8, the 'lite' version of Sibelius, their music composition and notation software. But unlike its Pro Tools cousin Pro Tools First, Sibelius First is not free.
Sibelius | First 8 is available as a subscription or perpetual license and like Pro Tools First, features many of the same tools and is built on the same foundation as the full 'big brother' version. Sibelius First has been designed to be powerful enough to produce richly detailed professional scores, yet simple enough for beginners, composing enthusiasts and musicians to use, the streamlined and affordable version makes it easy for anyone to create and share high-quality, professional scores.
With Sibelius First 8 composers can:
- Get easier access to core Sibelius tools – Direct access to foundational composition tools without advanced workflows found in the full version of Sibelius makes it easier for beginners to immerse themselves in creating without the distractions of high-level features.
- Express themselves more authentically – Expressive playback with Espressivo 2 captures every nuance and cadence, providing a rich, full sound that’s more cohesive and natural. The updated interface and support for high-resolution Windows displays allows users to see every detail of their compositions clearly.
- Compose with ease and flexibility – Many of the same enhancements and improvements found in the full version of Sibelius are included in the update, including new keyboard shortcuts, compatibility with the latest Mac and Windows operating systems, a new Application Manager and over 200 software improvements.
- Work faster and with more detail – With an updated interface, users can see every detail of their score in stunning clarity, and gain faster access to the features they need most with new and improved icons.
- Write music with a pen on a Surface Pro 3 – Optimized for the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet, users can now add and edit notes quickly with just the tap of a pen, as well as play music in real time using the software’s on screen keyboard and fretboard.
- Interact with scores using multi-touch gestures – Users can quickly zoom in and out of a score when working on a laptop with a trackpad or using a Surface Pro 3 using a simple pinch-zoom gesture, making navigation and editing easier.
Sibelius 8 First Pricing & Availability
The new version of Sibelius First is now available as a monthly or annual subscription, or can be purchased outright....
- Perpetual License with 1-Year Upgrade Plan - $119
- Annual Subscription - $4.99 per month
- Monthly Subscription - $5.99 per month
- Customers who own any previous version of Sibelius | First, Student, Instrumental Teacher Edition, or G7, can upgrade to Sibelius | First 8 at the special low price of $39 (USD) through December 31, 2016.
To purchase and learn more about Sibelius | First, visit: .