Russ, Mike, and Dan chat through issues from the week's news as well as the usual tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Videos That Grabbed Our Attention This Week
iZotope Neutron Explained - Scottie Dugan shows you all Neutron’s features and functions, as well as examples of it in use. See the individual tutorial descriptions below for more info. If you're intrigued by Neutron and what it can do for your mixes, or have it and are ready to learn it inside and out, watch "iZotope Neutron Explained" today!
- Win The Mix, Synth Or Sample Plugin Bundle Worth Over £1,500 From Plugin Boutique
- Win a Neve 4081 remote controlled mic preamp
- Also check out the competitions from our partner brands in the new section on the Win page.
- AIR Music Loom Save 60% - Get For £45
- SoundBits Offer 45% Off Any Of Their Sound Effects Libraries
- New Deals from our Partners section on this page
This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview
We have spent some time curating all the excellent interviews we have undertaken over the years into an Interviews page. This Week’s Featured Pro Tools Expert Interview is Russ’ interview with Steven Slate chatting out music production, slate plug-ins and the Raven.
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Our friends a Universal Audio currently have a deal running that enables users to save up to 70% on purchasing multiple UA plug-ins. You can build your own Custom Bundle of any 3, 6, or 10 UAD plug-ins for one low price — a savings of up to 70% off. But hurry, this very special offer ends October 31st.
- Studio Design - Security - What We Do
- Would You Be Interested In A 7 Day Pro Tools HD Software Rental?
- Blast From The Past - The M-Audio Project Mix
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
Our friends at RSPE Audio have released the latest short Pro Tools S6 control surface tutorial with Gary Lux, this one showing how to navigate soft key banks using the numeric keypad. We will be highlighting 10 great Avid S6 tutorials from Gary Lux and RSPE Audio Solutions covering VCAs, VCA Spill, Expand Mode, Spill Zones, Expand Zones, Locking Strips, Locked Attention Track Knobs, User Switches 1 & 2 and Navigating Soft Keys with the Num Pad.
- Andy Rodgers appreciated the post on mixing only with Pro Tools stock plugins. For a bit of fun, he asked us if we could only have one non Avid plugin on top of the stock plugins what would it be and why?
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
Not always so rock and roll but as we know front recent updates by Mike and myself your graphics cards and its drivers are very important even for us Pro Tools users.. If you’re using a Nvidia graphics card check the pages from the Create Pro site to see if you have the most up to date drivers.
- Kristoffer Dukefos has a problem with a space-bar not playing Pro Tools with Pro tools 12.5.2 on a Windows 10 computer.
- Dustin Patterson would like to know about using -18dBfs as a ‘digital sweet spot’ and whether that should be RMS or Peak.
- Dustin Anstey would like our advice on printing reverb return as he is finding that freezing the reverb aux tracks hasn't been as flexible as he would like to be for his clients.
Team Find Of The Week Sponsored by Output
Now we are not ones for substance abuse but the new virtual instrument from Output is called Substance and it is just screaming out to be misused in a phat sub bass kind of way. You can find out more about Substance the powerful new bass engine from Output.
- Russ - Sonarworks and thank you to Klaus Hill in Australia
- Mike - Keyboard Maestro It has already helped me create a macro for which there isn’t a keyboard shortcut, the Strip button on the Strip Silence window.
- Dan - Morph 2 from Zynaptiq - review to follow in the coming weeks