Our friends at Blue Cat Audio have released the Blue Cat Destructor. The Destructor is a very powerful distortion and guitar amp modeling plug-in that enables users to simulate any type of distortion such as overdrive, bit crushing, analog compression, hard & soft clipping, coloring, tape saturation, Lo-fi, fuzz, digital noise, aliasing, filter effects.
The Blue Cat Destructor can be used in two ways:
- Use Destructor to simply plug-and-play for getting quick access to a massive collection of great sounding guitar amps
- Take your time to tweak the modules for creating your own custom distortions.
Some of the team at Pro Tools Expert had early access to the Destructor plug-in. We like it a lot, especially the feel of the high gain amps when playing guitar live through the Destructor. Be sure to check out our review and also Paul Drew's review over at Studio One Expert.
Free Trial & Introductory Price
Try Destructor out for yourself with the demo that you can download from the Blue Cat Audio website.
Blue Cat Audio are offering a 20% off introductory purchase price on the Destructor available until 11th November 2016 - 63 EUR or $79 (Regular price 79 EUR or $99 excl. VAT)
Pro Tools Expert Review - Destructor
Studio One Expert Review - Destructor
- Powerful distortion and amp modeling tool.
- Simulate any kind of distortion: analog or digital, guitar and bass amps, saturation, clipping, compression, bit crushing...
- Works for "clean" sounds too.
- Get started with several hundreds of fully editable presets, inspired by real gear.
- More than 1400 visual styles to customize the user experience.
- Control the dynamics with the input gate and compressor.
- Control the tone with the pre and post filters.
- Exclusive shape dynamics control: adapt the tone to the dynamics of the signal.
- Use the internal or external side chain to trigger the distortion.
- Protect your ears with the output brickwall limiter.
- Comprehensive visual feedback: real time spectrum analysis, dynamic distortion curve display with embedded signal histograms.
- Load reference curves for tone matching.
- No latency.