In the release notes Avid confirm the following bug fixes in Pro Tools 12.2.1 and it's a long one.
VCAs in Pro Tools (non-HD)
- VCA levels are no longer incorrectly coalesced to the mix group when opening a session with VCAs in Pro Tools
- Session Notes no longer displays "This version of PT does not support VCA masters" when opening a session with VCAs in Pro Tools
- MIDI Output path selector menus now display track name in addition to the MIDI node (i.e. the name and index of the Virtual Instrument). In the case of a track with multiple MIDI nodes, typical for workflows with VE Pro, track names have a sub-menu to display all MIDI nodes.
- Fixed scenarios where audio from multi-output Virtual Instruments was not rendered during offline bounce
- Automatic assignment of the MIDI Output of an Instrument track now reverts to none when removing the currently assigned Virtual Instrument from the track. Previously, Pro Tools would deactivate the route but leave it assigned and other inconsistent behavior would occur moving VIs around Instrument Tracks. Now, the only automatic assignments are to assign automatically to the first MIDI node of the first instrument added to the track, and to automatically set to none when the routed instrument is removed from the track.
- Velocity and Transpose Real Time Properties correctly filter incoming MIDI data
- MIDI Output path is remembered when moving a Virtual Instrument to another insert slot on an Instrument Track
- Playback starts correctly from the Play Start Marker after using the grabber tool to move the timeline selection in Dynamic Transport mode
- Fixed AAE error -9013 loading East West Play
- Pro Tools Import Settings in Interplay Administrator are reflected in the Pro Tools Dashboard and Import Session Data dialogs
- Renaming clip and file name before exporting to AAF or Interplay will no longer result in offline in Media Composer.
- Fixed all localized strings for the Interplay error "It is already checked out by Administrator on..."
- Special-cased automation write to warnings to alleviate accidental overwriting of automation on all or most of the timeline:
- When users start playback without a timeline selection, make an edit selection during playback in hopes of writing automation to the new selection, then use Write to Start, Write to Selected, or Write to End, we will always end the pass with the respective automation warnings even if the preference to suppress warnings is enabled.
- The do-to-selected modifier for changing track view to an automated parameter now applies to Plug-ins. For tracks within a track selection that have the same insert in the same slot with the same parameter automated, Shift+Ctrl+Opt+Cmd+Click (Mac) or Shift+Ctrl+Alt+Win+Click (Win) on that parameter in a plug-in GUI will set those track’s views to the clicked parameter.
- Changes made to tracks in Auto Read when all automation is suspended no longer reset to previous values when turning off suspend
- Clips moved on to the tops or tails of other clips are properly overlaid
- Corrected the "remove" language to the proper "delete" language in the dialog that follows attempting to Delete a file by using the Clear command from the clips list
- Clips can no longer be moved beyond the session length using Spot
- The Clear command in the Clip List allows deleting of whole files from disk that have no sub clips in use in the session
Crashes and Errors
- Fixed a crash using Destructive Punch with too much system delay
- Fixed a crash when trying to import .pio or session file into a Mic Preamps pane of I/O Setup
- Fixed a crash after intermittent failure to select text with cursor in the metadata window (Mac only)
- Fixed a PACE error and failure to launch Pro Tools when the username includes non-ASCII characters
- Fixed a crash when closing session while doing a Field Recorder "Select Areas to Search"
- Fixed a case where Pro Tools would hang on "Initializing Audio Engine" during launch
- Fixed a hang when calculating Elastic Analysis on network shares such as ISIS
- Fixed a case where an assertion error is thrown when using Import Session Data
- Fixed "PACE License Support Not Up to Date" error on first launch
Workspace and File Management
- Automatic Relinking of missing files no longer automatically relinks to files that match by name but have an empty UID
- Manual relink no longer fails to find audio files if the session contains both missing video and audio files
- Whole File Clips that are not used on a track but are referred to by the sub clips used on that track are now correctly imported when using Import Session Data
- Attempting to delete an audio file from "Project Browser" now properly checks if sub-clips are used in the session
- File sizes in Workspace browser are now calculated correctly
- Using the arrow keys to navigate up and down in the workspace no longer cycles from bottom to top or top to bottom
- ModDelay 3 properly reads ModDelay 2 presets when running a Core Audio (Mac) or ASIO/WASAPI (Win) playback engine, fixing the new ModDelay 2 to ModDelay 3 compatibility introduced in Pro Tools 12.0 for all users
- Fixed cases where plug-ins in Pro Tools 12.2 would load slowly on first instantiation after install
- Native plug-in submenu appears correctly when all voiced tracks already have a DSP plug-in inserted
- Plug-ins activate when dragged from inactive tracks to active tracks as long as the plug-in is not explicitly deactivated first
- Known issue:
- Users with a large number of installed AAX plug-ins may experience a hang on the first launch of Pro Tools after upgrading. If Pro Tools hangs indefinitely quit and launch again.
- Increased performance of waveform overview calculation during session load, decreasing load time
- Arrow keys can be used to navigate in-app menus
- Ctrl+W and Cmd+W properly close windows by type in Pro Tools
- Users are warned if there is too much system delay to perform Destructive Punch
- Fixed a failure to save Pro Tools sessions referencing an AAF or Embedded OMF with 'Save Copy In' unless 250+ GB are available on destination drive.
- Fixed sluggish joystick response with MC Pro which caused automation to be written incorrectly
- Clips are properly created in the timeline and clips list if Pro Tools is taken offline during record with "Transport Record Lock" preference enabled
- The default setting of the “Edit Insertion Follows Scrub/Shuttle” preference has been changed from Off to On
- Alt + Enter (return) key confirms on screen dialogs (Windows)
- User-specified path is remembered after saving a session using the "Prompt for location" radio button.
- SYNC indicator lights are properly hidden when expanding and contracting the Synchronization section of the Session Setup window
- Collapsible sections in the Session Setup window only collapse by clicking the header or disclosure element
- Toggling active state of a mix group no longer causes solos to link when using "shift-S"
- Solo Mode (SIP, AFL, PFL) and Solo Latch Mode (Latch, X-OR, Momentary) are now available as EUCON soft keys
- Fixed a case where sub paths of surround outputs would import incorrectly under main paths of smaller widths
- Corrected the warning message that appears when trying to delete an output path which has multiple bus assignments and one of the busses is used in session
- Fixed a case where the Make Active option appears for track output that is already shown as active
- User-entered hints list in the labels list are now bold
- Label hints list now uses a scroll bar if there are many hints
- Fixed all localized strings for the "Share with button" in the "Export Selected" dialog window
- Fixed French, German, and Japanese localized strings in Preferences > Operation > User Library section
- Fixed the display of German localized string in the firmware update dialog for HDX cards
- Corrected French translation of "Prompt for location" in the dashboard
- The Window Configurations window is now fully accessible by VoiceOver
- Notes & Octaves are properly announced by VoiceOver in the Event Operations window
- VoiceOver properly announces "minus" in the Event Operations window in text entry fields.
- VoiceOver properly announces the Meter Click value in the Time Operations window
- Focus remains on AudioSuite plug-in window after Processing, Analyzing, or Rendering
- With VoiceOver enabled, adjusting MIDI Volume Indicator in Instrument section of an Instrument track no longer incorrectly adjusts the track volume
- The Volume, Peak, and Delay indicators in the I/O section of the Edit Window are now accessible