DMG Audio have announced their latest plug-in Expurgate, a noise gate plug-in that they make this claim about:
A New Level of Precision - Expurgate is the most advanced noise-detecting, circuit modelled, MIDI sample accurate, zero-latency, ultra-fast, lookahead, linear-phase sub-band gate. If that's too much to consider, set the threshold and Expurgate your noise!
We will be checking out this claim with a full review soon, although DMG Audio do make some very powerful plug-ins so it may well be as they say.
- State of the art gating and expansion.
- Noise detector for automatic gating.
- Quick, simple, ergonomic interface.
- Circuit models of classic gates.
- Configurable from zero-latency, ultra-low CPU to oversampled ultra-high resolution.
- Ultra-low attack times when the safety is disabled.
- External sidechain for triggered gating.
- Global Bypass for all instances in a session.
- Sample-accurate MIDI triggering as gate or ducker.
- Three-band sidechain EQ, and massively configurable Split EQ.
- Separated mode, allowing fine mixing control.
- Per-channel or ganged control.
- M/S and L/R processing
- Large, intuitive time-plot.
- Windows VST, VST3 and AAX as 32+64bit, RTAS 32bit
- Mac VST, VST3, AU and AAX as 32+64bit, RTAS 32bit
- Linear Phase crossover (Split) EQ
- Zero-latency minimum phase mode, with Linkwitz-Riley crossovers.
- Variable lookahead to avoid losing transients.
- Oversampling mode to eliminate intermodulation distortions.
- Full mixer section.
- Ducking and upwards compression.
- Threshold, Ratio, Soft-knee, Gain-Reduction Depth and Hysteresis.
- Variable Stereo linkage.
- Complete set of Listen options for monitoring, including signal difference (output-input).
- Automatic detection of noise in signals.
You can find out more and download DMG Audio Expurgate here