Russ, Mike James, and Dan are back catching up with talking points, tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Titles We Like
- Pro Tools Week is here! This week Groove 3 are offering 50% off all our Pro Tools related video downloads! but hurry as it finishes on Thursday at Midnight.
- Win Focusrite Red 2 EQ & Red 3 Compressor Plug-ins. One a day for the month of April and 3 a day during Musik Messe. More here
- Acon Digital Complete Bundle £139 - 48% Discount
- ADL Penteo 7 Pro £399 - 40% Discount http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/deals-source/2015/4/6/adl-penteo-7-pro-399-40-discount
- LVC Audio Limiter Bundle - Limited-MAX & Limited-T plug-ins £46 - 26% Discount http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/deals-source/2015/4/15/lvc-audio-limiter-bundle-limited-max-limited-t-plug-ins-46-26-discount
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
The annual UAD Reverb, Chorus, and Delay sale is on! Now until April 30th, save up to 35% and add some space to your mix with Roland, Lexicon, EMT, Ocean Way, RMX-16, and more. Visit the UA store here.
- Zynaptiq Announce Unmix Plug-in That Claims To Be Able To Remove Drums From Mixes
- Audient Announce ASP800 - 8 Channel Mic Pre & ADC with HMX & IRON
- Audient Announce Low Cost iD14 - High Performance USB Audio Interface
- The Slate RAVEN Z3 Showing At Musikmesse 2015 With Support For More DAWs
- Universal Audio Announce Second Generation Apollo Thunderbolt 2 Audio Interfaces
- TC Electronic Announce Clarity X Multi-Format Monitoring System
- Softube Present A New Software Synth - Heartbeat
- Softube's Tight Collaboration With Marshall Produces Plexi Super Lead 1959
- Softube Announce New Features To The Console 1 System As A Free Upgrade
- Apogee Announces Multi-unit Support For Ensemble Thunderbolt Audio Interface
- Avid S6L To Host Waves DSP Plug-ins Using Soundgrid Technology
- Plugin Alliance Add 18 More AAX DSP Plug-ins Bringing The Total To 29
- A User Perspective On Avid Cloud Collaboration Applications In Post Production From NAB 2015 Tech Preview
- Subscription Based Software Applications - Are They All Bad?
- Pro Tools 12 Upgrade Poll Results
- Preview: NTP DAD Pro Mon Option For DAD AX32 With Support For Avid S6 Console
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
For listeners on the US West Coast, RSPE will be hosting an event on 23 April where Tom Oberheim will be doing an in-person launch of the new Two Voice Pro Synthesizer. Details and RSVP on the RSPE website.
- Carsten Groa had some advise about matching the sample rate for the person having problems getting the RME to work with Pro Tools in Podcast 160.
- Stefan Schaflitzel wanted to share the benefits of using Destructive Punch in the post workflow, following the discussion on Podcast 161.
- Tom Brush asks about navigation on the new site.
- Erik Guldager offers feedback about the new site.
- Justin Newton offers some advice about the low latency mode but also to tell us a useful plug-in called MuteTone which is Mac only.
- Tobbe Leffler is a long term Pro Tools user and is concerned about the new Avid licensing models and asks for some clarity.
- Clinton Keating reached out from New Zealand to tell us that the new support plans do not have a local number to call they have to call Singapore.
Questions - Kindly Sponsored by Alchemea
Alchemea are running a course in conjunction with Sample Magic & Paul White called The Production Academy. It is 1 week’s worth of master classes covering the full spectrum of recording – primarily aimed at beginners but taught by award winning pros at our facilities. They are offering a 15% earlybird discount for the pro tools expert community via the discount code PTE15
- Bob Scott asked about a problem with Pro Tools and the automation not following with Shuffle edit.
- John Mackniskas has problems with Structure Free only playing the selected patch.
- Richard Shapiro is having problems with AudioSuite plug-ins to get the whole file processed correctly.
- Nor Amirul Mohamad wants to know how to re-download his Pro Tools software as he has had a problem with his computer.
- Justin Arey asks about the differences of using Temp Maps between Studio One and Pro Tools.
- Narek Ambar wants to know how to get Spotify into Pro Tools and Nugen Audio’s MasterCheck.
- Espen Mikarlsen would like to be able to use Garrison GPO and Instant Orchestra in Pro Tools 11. Garritan recommend Plogue’s player called the sforzando player
Find Of The Week
- Russ - Maag EQ2 Plug-in Announced
- Mike - TC Electronic Announce Clarity X Multi-Format Monitoring System
- James - New Audient ASP800
- Dan - Chordie