Slate will be showing their top end RAVEN Z3 at Musikmesse, which is aimed at high-end facilites, however within the news about the RAVEN Z3 is the great news of 2.5 software offering support for even more DAWs, although it is unclear if this just works with the Z3 or all Raven consoles. On their Facebook page they write:
The RAVEN Z3 is a high end, customizable control surface featuring a center 46" multi-touch panel and two 27" multi-touch panels as well as ample rack and table space for the modern recording studio. The desk system can be configured according to the client's needs with specific rack spaces and locations, MIDI keyboard trays, custom colors, and much more.
Having three world class multi-touch panels allows the engineer to have an extremely versatile workflow with a variety of options. Some configurations can work as follows:
- Left workstation dedicated to Virtual Instrument/Composition machine, then digitally connected to another machine featuring a mix window and edit window on the other screens
- One screen for main mix, another for edit, another to store plugin racks
- Three different workstations on a KVM so each screen can control any of the DAWs
- Post Audio Mixing using multiple synced machines (3 man operation)
- Two screens dedicated to main studio DAW, one screen dedicated to an auxiliary station that can be launched from a client laptop (and then all stations can swap screens via KVM to put the client session on the main screen)
With the extremely powerful RAVEN 2.5 Control Software for Pro Tools, Logic, and soon Cubase, Ableton, Digital Performer, Studio One, and all PC formats, the RAVEN Z3 presents a new world of speed, creativity, and efficiency.
We're installing the first several RAVEN Z3 Consoles in some of the world's top facilities in the oncoming months and we'll be sure to followup with photos and videos of the installations.
The price of the Z3 base model starts at $27,999. Contact your local Slate Media Technology Dealer for more information.