The genius team at Zynaptiq will be revealing their latest plug-in at Muzikmesse 2015, Unmix, which they claim can remove drums from a mix as well as a host of other features.
On their website they say:
Visit us at the Musikmesse, April 15-19, Frankfurt, Germany, at booth A91 in Hall 5.1 and have a look at our upcoming plugin UNMIX::DRUMS in action.
"UNMIX::DRUMS is the world’s first plugin that allows suppressing or boosting drums in mixed music, in real-time. Using advanced source signal separation technology (a.k.a. de-mixing, unmixing, sound extraction, sound isolation), UNMIX::DRUMS provides drum level control that ranges from up to +18dB of boost to virtually complete removal. Sporting an intuitive multi-level GUI, frequency dependent control of key parameters, our high-precision analyzer display, M/S operation and an output limiter, UNMIX::DRUMS opens up exciting new options for mastering, music production, sample-based music creation, mash-up artists, remixers and DJs.
Applications for UNMIX::DRUMS include:
- Balancing drums against the rest of a song in mastering.
- Restoring dynamics to over-limited music in mastering.
- Unique EQ alternative for mixed music.
- Suppression of drums in sampled audio to remove “clashing” or “flamming” when mixing with new content.
- Drum extraction for creating new drum-kits.
- Drum removal for Mash-Up creation.
- “Drum Kill Switch” for Dj applications.
- Pre-processing for voice extraction or similar applications.
- UNMIX::DRUMS supports all common sampling rates from 44.1kHz to 192kHz, mono and stereo, as AAX native, AU, RTAS and VST, on Mac & Windows.
Pricing and availability are TBA. Stay tuned for more information!"
We look forward to taking a look at this and hearing the results.