Nugen Audio have announced a major new release of their Loudness Toolkit including upgrades to their VisLM loudness metering, LM-Correct loudness correction and ISL true peak limiter applications and plug-ins for Pro Tools and other DAWs and NLEs.
Loudness Toolkit 2
Nugen Audio’s Loudness Toolkit 2, which will include the VisLM-H meter, LM-Correct quick-fix tool, and ISL true peak limiter, will feature upgrades that make it an even more powerful workflow companion for Pro Tools as well as other NLE and DAW users. Nugen Audio is also making its industry-leading DynApt™ dynamic adaptation technology available as an extension for LM-Correct, to help streamline LRA targeting.
Nugen Audio VisLM-H Loudness Meter
Nugen have announced the following improvements to their brilliant Vis-LM loudness meter.
- A Timecode and Loudness Profile Memory Function that tracks and retains the timecode and loudness profile so that the overall loudness measurement can be updated automatically at any time. This profile can be saved with the session, so that re-measuring and rebooting delays can be eliminated.
- A new Program Loudness Over-dub Mode, which memorizes the program loudness profile so that only changes need to be measured. The changes are then integrated automatically with the memorised loudness profile to provide accurate program loudness readings on the fly.
- New zoomable and scrollable history and log file capabilities that allow detailed inspection of the entire file history using customisable parameters. A text file summary can also be created.
- A fully resizable and configurable interface that is now completely adjustable to show exactly what is required maximizing precious screen real-estate.
Nugen Audio ISL True Peak Limiter
- New Intelligent Dynamic Release Mode to enhance algorithm transparency by automatically adjusting to program content in real time.
- User interface workflow and display enhancements, including waveform visualisation and new readouts that indicate surround ducking and steering. The user interface also now includes a horizontal compact view as well as vertical view modes.
- Advanced Variable Centre Channel link settings including new controls to tame steering and ducking and prevent the centre channel from driving side channel behaviour unpredictably.
- See our exclusive sneak preview of ISL2.
LM-Correct Loudness Correction Tool
- Single-click analysis and correction to accelerate workflow, executing loudness analysis and correction at up to 100 times real time.
- Enhanced processing criteria to meet increasingly complex target requirements for today’s ever-changing loudness landscape.
- Combined program and short-term or momentary loudness correction that enables simple compliance with new regulations, including the recent supplement for short-form content creations (EBU R128 S1).
- A new LRA targeting option to automatically adjust audio to meet specific LRA targets.
- See our exclusive sneak preview video of LM-Correct2 from BVE recently.
In addition Jon Schorah, founder and creative director of Nugen Audio told us…
The new DynApt extension for LM Correct will bring the huge time-saving benefit of automated dialog clarity preservation to every seat and will make it easier than ever before to repurpose audio dynamics for a specific playout LRA target, such as TV, radio, Internet streaming, or podcast.
When Will These Feature Be Available?
Nugen Audio tell us that their Loudness Toolkit 2, including upgraded versions of VisLM-H, ISL, and LM-Correct, will be available in April 2015 with pricing will be announced at a later date.
People who have purchased the current version of the Loudness Toolkit, VisLM, ISL, or LM-Correct after Jan. 1, 2015, will receive free upgrades to the new versions. In addition, special pricing will be offered to all current Loudness Toolkit owners upon the release of the Loudness Toolkit 2.
Supported plug-in formats for VisLM-H and ISL include AAX, RTAS, VST2, VST3, and AU. VisLM-H and LM-Correct are also available as stand-alone products and as Avid Audio suite plug-ins.