Russ, Mike, James and Dan catch up with talking points, tips, tricks and questions answered.
Check Out The Audio Market
Don't forget that we have the special Audio Market page where we offer smaller developers the opportunity to reach the Pro Tools community at a much lower price. next week we'll be profiling Sample Diggers run by Danny Wincott.
Groove 3 Titles We Like....
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Buy and register any new Apollo rackmount interface (Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, Apollo 16, or Apollo FireWire) until December 31st, 2015, andyou’ll get a UAD-2 QUAD Satellite DSP Accelerator — Thunderbolt or FireWire — absolutely free!
- A big thank you for 2015
- Review of Envolution By Sonnox
- James' Live Pro Tools Playback Rig
- Slapper - A Multi-Tap Surround Delay Plug-in By The Cargo Cult
- Chordie v1.2 Release With Guitar Fretboard View
- Review Of Virtual Guitarist IRON From UJAM
- Everything You Want To Know About Track Freeze In Pro Tools 12.4
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
RSPE have some great deals on Pro Tools hardware tradeups check it out on their site
- Donnie Alan would like us to do a show and tell review of Cameo from UVI. Cameo emulates the vintage 80's Casio CZ series synths with their very unique sound.
- Lonnie would like to share the template from our Use MainStage 3 & Alchemy Synth In Pro Tools. We will see what we can do but on the run up to Christmas we cannot make any guarantees.
- Theo Vogelaars wonders why manufacturers put cheap and noisy fans in expensive pro audio equipment.
- Callie Corro is trying to find a auto tune solution with low latency as a rapper client wants to record through an auto tune plug-in.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
Keep your eyes on the site for a little test that Rich from Create Pro and James did last week. See the amazing results especially if you use lots of sample libraries and VI’s
- Randy Gildersleeve is looking for our advice on what direction he should upgrade. He feels he has 3 options
- Use the Avid exchange program, trade in my HD2 cards for an HDX card $7000.
- Avid exchange of HD2 to HD Native $4000 including swapping a Digi 192 for the Omni interface.
- Get standard PT 11/12 and figure out some I/O setup.
Randy’s options highlight the options many of us have, whether Native has come of age with powerful computers, so we can track with a low buffer size.
Team Find Of The Week Sponsored Eastwood Sound & Vision
Avid are putting their Support and Upgrade plan prices up in the new year. Buy before 31st December 2015 and save over £350 on Avid Pro Tools HD Annual Upgrade & Support Plan. The price until the end of the year is £429 but the price will rise to £789 as of the 1st January 2016. Native users can also save £80 on upgrade & support plan throughout December as well. For more details please visit Eastwood Sound & Vision.
- Russ - Astropad For iPad
- Mike - Citroen C3 Picasso - My Citroen Berlingo was about to cost more to repair than it was worth.
- James - Positive Grid BT-4 Bluetooth MIDI controller…. Not just for Positive Grid apps but pretty much anything audio that will see a Bluetooth controller. Nice!
- Dan - Envolution by Sonnox - The best transient designer going