Russ, Mike, James and Julian catch up with talking points, tips, tricks and questions answered.
Check Out The Audio Market
Don't forget that we have the special Audio Market page where we offer smaller developers the opportunity to reach the Pro Tools community at a much lower price.
Groove 3 Titles We Like....
Check out the Groove3 Spotlight Sessions. Quick one video tutorials on one subject which are only available to holders of a Groove3 All Access Pass.
- Clip Transparency & Batch Fade in 12.3
- Pro Tools 12.3.Commit Audio Track in 12.3
- Commit Multi-Out Virtual Instrument in 12.3
- Using Strip Silence in Pro Tools
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Buy and register any new Apollo rackmount interface (Apollo 8, Apollo 8p, Apollo 16, or Apollo FireWire) until December 31st, 2015, and you’ll get a UAD-2 QUAD Satellite DSP Accelerator — Thunderbolt or FireWire — absolutely free!
- Graham Cochrane from The Recording Revolution released this video - 3 Audio People I’m Thankful For (And Why You Should Follow Them)
- How To Install A Clean Version Of Mac OS
- Pro Tools Quick Tips - Suspend Groups Keyboard Shortcut
- 5 Ways To Attract Great Clients To Your Studio
- Free Eleven Rack Presets For Use In Pro Tools
- Avid Eleven Mark II Plugin Compared With Eleven Rack
- A-Z Of UAD - F Is For Fairchild
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
RSPE have some great deals on Pro Tools hardware tradeups check it out on their site
- Justin Walker wanted to share a great tip for using the XForm to change the speed of music tracks. We will put this up as a community tip later this week.
- Al Future adds to the discussion to remind us that Analog gear doesn’t have steep cut off filters and so can perform beyond the normal audio bandwidth.
- Lennart Forsberg would like us to make a video about using the UAD Console app and cascading the outputs to create multiple cue mixes for up to 6 performers.
- Peter Juul Kristensen follows up on his question about using the Optical input of an HD Omni to route the Mac audio output offered an additional idea to use an old Apple TV routed to Optical input. This enables clients to use Airplay to play ideas over the studio monitors. He also asked if there was a way of switching inputs for the different devices like Airplay and a Mac audio output. How about an optical switcher like this one
- James Zeas would like to see a shoot out between the UA Apollo 8 and the Waves DigiGrid IOS.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
If you want speedy storage…. check this out: The Fastest Mac Pro Storage Solution Available: 4x Samsung SM951 on 1 PCIe card for 2TBs of 5,700MB/s read & write speeds. There will be a review to follow shortly.
- Mark Lienhart has changed from Logic to Pro Tools HDX and a Slate Raven MTX, but is having issues with the Apple Magic Trackpad and the lack of multitouch gestures.
Team Find Of The Week
- Russ - Apple News App iOS9
- Mike - Editors Keys MacBook Pro Tools Keyboard Overlay - review, coming soon.
- James - Exhale by Output….. Amazing Vocal Instrument. Check out my review.
- Julian - Open backed headphones, specifically Sennheiser HD598SE in black