On last week's Pro Tools Expert podcast we were asked if it was possible to use Eleven Rack presets in Pro Tools with Eleven Mark II and the Avid Stomp Box plugins.
Justin Arey, founder of Eleven Rack Preset website suggested it was a case of painstakingly going through and recreating them for use with Pro Tools, Eleven Mark II and the Avid Stomp Boxes.
Well that's what we've done, it's meant not only checking the settings on each preset but ear matching them as closely as possible.
We've also used the Pro Tools track preset for Mac and Windows PC hack, first shown on Pro Tools Expert, to make the job of using these settings easy. This means when you want to use an Eleven Rack preset in Pro Tools you simply create a new track.
There are some things to note:
- You need to own Eleven Mark II and the Avid Stomp Box plugins. You will also need a version of Pro Tools that supports these plug-ins.
- You need to have the AIR plugins and the Pro Tools plugins installed as some presets also use some of these plugins.
- The input and output routing may need resetting when using the Track Presets as this is saved with the system the presets were created on. If you wish you can resave the presets to match your own system using this Pro Tools video tutorial.
- Eleven Rack uses a special input stage which means that the presets may not sound exactly the same using your own interface, this is where you may need to adjust the gain settings on your audio interface/preamp or on the Eleven plugin. We've done our best to get it as close as possible.
- We offer no support for these presets, sorry we can't answer questions or emails if you can't make it work. We hope you understand.
How To Install Eleven Rack Presets On Your Pro Tools System
Put the Eleven Rack folder in your Pro Tools folder, this will vary depending on your OS and the version of Pro Tools you use. This is how the folder looks on a Mac running Pro Tools 11/12. Which as you can see is Mac HD/Users/YOURUSERNAME/Documents/Pro Tools
You will need to create a new folder called Track Presets and then put the Eleven Rack folder you downloaded into there.
As we release more of the Eleven Rack presets for Pro Tools you can simply download them and add them to the Eleven Rack folder you have.
In true Pro Tools Expert tradition these are free to the Pro Tools community, no strings attached, no sign-ups, thanks to the ongoing support of our fantastic partners we can do these kind of things and give them free as our gift to you.
This is the first 40 Eleven Rack Factory Presets stay tuned as we release more.