Guitar maestro and Eleven Rack user Paul Drew decided to compare the Avid Eleven Mark II plugin with the Eleven Rack hardware unit.
How do they compare? Listen to the audio examples and make up your own mind.
Developed using an innovative amp modeling technique, Eleven MK II gives you instant access to an amazing collection of sought-after sounds based on classic Fender®, VOX®, Marshall®, Ampeg, Bogner, Mesa/Boogie®, and Soldano amplifiers.* Simply call up a preset to immediately re-create a hit-making guitar tone. Or design your own signature sound by mixing and matching amps, speaker cabinets, and mic models—all captured at their best in a world-class studio.
Eleven Mark II Features
- Create highly realistic mic’d guitar and bass amp/cabinet sounds within your Pro Tools, Media Composer, or VENUE system
- Choose from a must-have collection of vintage and modern amp, cabinet, and mic models to create your own signature tone, or use the customizable presets to instantly re-create a classic sound
- Access your favorite custom rigs quickly by setting an amp to link with your preferred cab
- Route pre-cabinet amp signals to an Aux track (via Aux Output Stem output) for more tonal flexibility, including setting up multi-cabinet rigs
- Use the speaker cabinet models standalone for sound design and other processing with the Eleven MK II Cabinet plug-in
- Crank up the perfect tone instantly for any music genre with tons of new presets
- Achieve multi-dimensional guitar tones complete with power amp sag, ghost notes, cabinet resonance, and enhanced speaker cone breakup
- Get the sound and feel of playing through classic tube amps thanks to an innovative amp cloning technique, which emulates each component to behave like its hardware counterpart
- Create incredibly rich tones with the convolution-based speaker cabinet and mic models, which offer on- and off-axis mic positions for more tone-tweaking flexibility
- Get great sound at all supported sample rates, including 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, and 44.1 kHz
- Guitar amp models*