Avid, the makers of Pro Tools, are extending their offering of free plugins with Pro Tools 12 and including the Smack plugin for a limited time. They say:
Buy Pro Tools and get Eleven and Smack! Included
In addition to the currently running Eleven plug-in promotion—which runs through the end of the year—customers purchasing a Pro Tools perpetual license or Annual Subscription between November 25-30 will also receive the Smack! compressor/limiter.
Customers purchasing Pro Tools perpetual license will receive a perpetual auth for Smack! ($299 value) Customers purchasing Pro Tools Annual Subscription receive a 1-yr auth for Smack! To be eligible for this offer, Pro Tools purchases must be activated between Nov. 25-30, 2015.
Product is fulfilled directly through customer’s Avid account.
The promotion ends next Monday, which means that customers must activate their copy by Monday in order to qualify.
Avid Smack! Plugin
Smack! is a professional compressor/limiter plug-in designed specifically for music applications but capable of accommodating virtually any kind of audio material with equal success. Smack! features three compression modes, unique compression ratios, and harmonic distortion ideally suited for achieving a wide range of sonic variations and colorations. Additionally, the plug-in supports side-chain processing, multichannel track types, and the full range of Pro Tools sample rates and plug-in formats.
If you’re a Pro Tools music maker who requires a great-sounding, flexible, and easy-to-use compression tool, this is it. Accurately modeling automatic gain reduction devices previously found only in hardware, Smack! controls the volume of just about any source in a very “musical” manner, adding fullness, intelligibility, and excitement to any track. Its user interface is intuitively constructed, with a look and feel reminiscent of vintage devices, enabling you to create an amazingly wide range of tonal coloration with a minimal set of controls.
- Foolproof operation—easily get great results with any kind of audio material
- Three compression modes—includes a mode for emulating classic electro-optical limiters
- Unique compression ratios—from subtle compression to hard limiting
- Harmonic distortion—add subtle analog-sounding distortion
- Side-chain support—get external or internal side-chain processing and a side-chain EQ
- Multichannel support—add life to all Pro Tools multichannel track types
- Full sample rate support—work on sessions at up to 192 kHz sample rates
Smack! System requirements
Qualified Avid audio or video system:
- Pro Tools|HDX (AAX DSP/Native)
- Pro Tools|HD Native or other Pro Tools system running Pro Tools 10 or higher software (AAX Native)
- Pro Tools, Pro Tools HD, Media Composer, Symphony, or NewsCutter software/system (RTAS and/or AudioSuite)
- Pro Tools|HD or Pro Tools|HD Accel (TDM)
- Pro Tools LE, M-Powered or Pro Tools 9 (RTAS)
- VENUE system (TDM VENUE)
- iLok USB Smart Key (for authorization; not included)