Output are introducing a new take on the modern vocal sound with their new plug-in instrument Exhale. It is described as a playable engine for producers, artists and composers giving you the ability to create the cutting edge vocal sounds required in today's music. Gregg Lehrman Outputs founder told us...
As musicians, we’ve always wanted a vocal instrument that was cool, creative and modern So we decided to build it. We provide the starting point, the rest is up to you.
To develop EXHALE, Output enlisted a team of record producers, vocalists and sound designers to capture, manipulate and shape the sounds. The result is an instrument that pushes creativity to a new level.
Exhale as 2 main mode of operation. The main GUI as seen above allows you to tweak 4 main parameters (Talk, Filter, Delay & Shape) using the 4 micro sliders. You can also easily switch between note playback, loops and slices.
For those who want to dig in deep you can access the Engine page where you have full access to all the mixing, modulation, effects and much more.
- 500 Presets for instant playability
- Real vocalists recorded by top producers
- 3 Modes; Notes, Loops and Slices
- All Phrases, Loops and Slices lock to tempo
- 4 central Macro sliders unique to each Preset
- LFO and Step Sequencer modulation
- Complete effects control
- Convolution reverb engine
- Engine page for shaping sounds into your own
- Smart tagging preset menu
- Simple design and ease of use
The price for all this vocal poser $199. However if you are a current Output customer you can get Exhale during November for just $179
We look forward to putting Exhale into action in a review shortly. You can find out more about Exhale from the Output web site.