Russ, Mike, James and Julian catch up with talking points, tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Titles We Like....
M-Audio Code Explained by music tech guru Alex Solano. Learn all about this M-Audio controller keyboard and see what it can do to help your composing and producing be more creative.
- Win 1 Of 5 Copies Of The Audio Assault Bundle
- Something New Is Coming From Exponential Audio, Win A Super Reverb + Excalibur Bundle Whilst We Wait
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
Throughout October UAD are getting back to basics, showing you how EQ and compression can transform and enhance your music. Each week, there will be tips on applying powerful UAD staples like the Teletronix LA–2A compressor and Pultec EQs to your mixes. You can also save up to 60% on ALL EQs and Compressors through October 31st.
- Pro Tools Expert To Sponsor ‘International Producer Of The Year’ MPG Award 2016
- Mac OSX 10.11 El Capitan Compatibility Update Compilation
- Dante AV Networking World Events Supported By Focusrite RedNet
- The Week I Mixed With The Masters - Part 1
- 5 Habits Of An Effective Vocal Producer
- Review: iZotope RX5 Audio Editor - An Exclusive Preview Of The New Features
- Slate Media Technology Announce The Raven MTi2 And Raven 3.0 Software
- 5 Habits Of An Effective Collaborator
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
- Tim Crowther wanted to share with us guides for minimising the health risks from soldering fumes from the UK government Health & Safety Executive
- David Topple following up from Mike’s comments in Podcast 185 don’t get on with glass screens as opposed to using hardware controllers.
- Bob Salsberry has found a pleasant surprise in Pro Tools 12.2.1In the Window pull down menu, way at the bottom of the pull down is an item labeled Eleven Rack. When you select that, it launches the Eleven Rack standalone editor.
- Hal Cragin would love to see a poll or discussion about having the HD upgrade fee split like the vanilla.
- Ed Mehrzad would like us have a section on recording and mixing heavy metal in Pro Tools as he cannot find any resources to help him.
Questions From The Community Sponsored By Create Pro
Which storage option is right for you and your needs? HDD, SSD or Flash Storage? Check out this help guide on the Create Pro site
- Andy Smit is looking for broadcast delivery standards for Egypt, Morocco and Lebanon as doesn’t know what level to mix to.
- oe Badlotto wants to know if his Apple Mac pro-8-core 2.4 GHz will be OK for Pro Tools 12 and should be add RAM and how to allocate and use drives.
- Avid Pro Tools 12HD System Requirements
- RAM allocation and specs use EveryMac which tells you what the spec and configurations of every Mac
- Check what memory you will need and then buy your RAM from Crucial Memory
- Garrett Miller has a 2010 Mac Pro 2x2.66 GHz 6 core Intel Xeon mac with 32 GB RAM wants to upgrade from Pro Tools 9 HD and asks if he should upgrade to PT11HD or PT12HD with an HDX system and what OS should he use.
- Erlend Persen had PT 11.3.1 HD and the whole AIR instrument expansion pack installed. When he updated to PT11.3.2 HD the AIR instrument expansion pack is not showing up in PT. Can we help?
- Derek Olivier is having trouble syncing PT12 on his Win7/64bit Dell laptop with an Mbox3to his Mac/G4/Os10 with a Mix system running PT6. Do we have any advice for him?
Team Find Of The Week
- Russ - Cheatsheet and El Capitan but not for DAWs yet.
- Mike - iZotope RX5
- James - has seen the AB Phase Popper in use and is now looking for one. Its a simple system for checking the polarity for large numbers of mics. The details are that its a Goldline APT2B Polarity/Phase Analyzer Tester Set (with Balanced I/O) and he is looking for a set of two. Can you help him?
- Julian - Roland Boutique Synths