Pro Tools 12.3 will bring number of new features to Pro Tools 12, here's the exclusive lowdown on the highlights of this new version of Pro Tools. As one of our team said when they saw this "hell has track freezed over."
This is effectively track freeze by another name, although Avid say that Track Freeze is still coming, and features a number of interesting features:
- Commit the entire track with all inserts included
- Commit only up to the insert which means Pro Tools freezes the instrument but without the inserts beyond it in the chain.
- You can commit the whole track or just the edit selection.
- You can copy the send and group assignments to the new track, so if you have a set of drums in a VI already going a a buss then the buss selection will be copied as well as the group settings.
- There are several options to make the committed track inactive, hidden, deleted to do nothing.
- This also works on a VI with multiple outputs.
Drag And Drop MIDI Commit
You can now convert MIDI to audio simply by dragging and dropping the MIDI from a VI track to a new audio track - it's very cool. It really is as simple as grabbing the MIDI data and dragging it to the audio track below and bam!
Track Commit Mix Delivery
This is a feature that allows a mix engineer to create a set of stems with or without the plug-ins and then send that session to another Pro Tools user. It creates the stems and make a new session to send - effectively an archive of track stems.
Clip Transparency And Fade Improvements
Clip transparency allows the user to see the original position of the clip/s as they drag them along the timeline.
Batch fades window with the ability to add different fades across the timeline at the same time.
Up to 5 memory locations for your favourite fades.
Shipping date is expected to be sometime in November.