The team over at Studio One Expert have created an audio shootout between the new UA Apollo and Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt, two of the most popular interfaces on the market.
The interfaces used are:
- PreSonus Studio 192 USB3 audio interface 30x34 I/O
- Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt audio interface 26x32 I/O
- UA Apollo Twin Apollo Thunderbolt - equivalent spec would be Firewire 18 x 24 I/O
The Audio Shoot Out.
To conduct the test we decided to use three types of audio;
- A female vocal - recorded with Sontronics ARIA valve/tube cardioid condenser microphone
- An acoustic guitar - recorded with an AKG 414XL II multi-pattern condenser
- Speech - Recorded with a Shure SM7B but no Cloudlifter
You can take the listening test by downloading the 96kHz/24bit audio files here