It is great to see Apogee release a product for both the Mac and PC platform. At NAMM 2015 they have announced The Groove a new portable USB DAC and headphone amp for listening to music on your Mac or PC. This is what Apogee say about the Groove…
Built upon Apogee’s 30-year history of award-winning digital audio technology for music creation, Groove unlocks the highest possible quality of any headphones or powered speakers you have, allowing you to listen to the music you love with incredible lifelike clarity. Groove’s innovative circuit design provides an even distribution of output power across the audible frequency spectrum, correcting impedance imperfections often found in entry-level headphones and powering even the most demanding high impedance headphones. Setup is easy - simply connect Groove to your Mac or PC with the included USB 2.0 cable and plug your headphones or speakers into Groove’s ⅛” analog output. The result is smooth, detailed analog warmth that will impress even the most discerning audiophile.
Apogee Groove Highlights
- USB 2.0 to micro connection for Mac and PC
- Up to 24 bit / 192kHz audio
- 1/8” Analog Output for connecting to headphones or speakers
- ESS Sabre DAC
- Asynchronous clocking
- Max output level: 225mW into 30 Ohm
- Multi-color LEDs for status and level indication
- Top panel buttons for adjusting output level and muting
- Compact and portable (95mm H x 30mm W x 16mm T)
- Limited Anniversary Edition features aluminum body and 32bit DAC
- Premium build quality and design - Built in the USA
Limited edition Groove for Apogee’s 30-year Anniversary
To commemorate Apogee’s 30 years of digital audio excellence, a limited edition anniversary model of Groove will also be available. The Groove 30th Anniversary Edition will feature a custom machined aluminum body, performance enhancements and will be available in silver and gold.