Metaplugin is a plugin that loads other plugins. Its as simple as that really. You can build your own effect networks using any VST/VST3 (and AU, if you’re on Mac) plug-in you already have on your system.
To get you started, a Mid-Side matrix and a fourband crossover filter are included in the package. This means instant mid-side or multiband compression/distortion/reverb/… you name it.
DDMF Metaplug-in Specifications
- Supports up to eight individual channels for, e.g. surround or other multichannel purposes.
- Dry/wet ratio can be adjusted for each loaded plugin.
- Full plugin delay compensation is included.
- Negligible additional CPU overhead.
- Synths can also be loaded and played with any MIDI control.
- 2x-oversampling option of the whole signal chain is available.
- 32-bit-plugins can be loaded into the 64-bit version of Metaplugin using JBridge/JBridgeM. Very useful for LogicX and ProTools11!
- Can be used as a VST-AU-wrapper, a VST-AAX wrapper or an AU-AAX wrapper
- VST3 plugins supported
Its available for Windows (32/64 bit VST and AAX) and Mac OSX (32/64 bit VST/AU/AAX, 10.6 or higher needed). As always, we strongly recommend to check out the demo version (settings not saved, but further fully functional) to see whether it fits your needs!
Who Is DDMF?
DDMF was founded in 2006 by Christian Siedschlag (PhD), a physicist and musician, with the goal to create affordable, high quality, no-nonsense audio software. Since that time, DDMF has grown to become a well-known name in the audio industry and is routinely named as one of the most innovative small companies around. Initially focusing on equalizers, the spectrum of available effects has grown over the years, covering standard studio effects as well as cutting-edge products that boldly go where no man has gone before… ;-).
Why So Cheap?
DDMF is still a small company, basically the owner plus a few freelancers every now and then. This not only keeps us more flexible but also helps to keep the running costs down. This, in turn, helps in following our basic pricing philosophy, namely, that DDMF products are priced such that we would buy them ourselves. While we are very happy whenever a big name or studio decides to buy a DDMF product, the main target group is and always will be the average musician who needs an affordable way to record and produce his or her great ideas. We know that for almost all software there are “other options” to get it so we try to keep prices in a range that motivates our customers to stay legit.