Universal Audio have announced the latest update to their UAD powered plug-in software UAD v7.7.
What’s New In UAD v7.7 Software
- Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ Collection with Unison™ technology
- AAX 64 Windows 7 compatibility (click here for important information)
- Mac Thunderbolt PCIe audio drivers for Apollo & Apollo 16
- Apollo Twin compatibility with UAD-2 devices
- Apollo Console Input Labeling (“Scribble Strips”)
Neve 1073 Preamp & EQ Collection with Unison™ technology
The newest addition to the UAD powered plug-in range is a the Neve 1073 pre-amp and plug-in, which now features a combined Neve 1073 pre-amp with EQ. For those using Apollo interfaces this plug-in is further enhanced by utilziing the Unison™ technology, this takes advanatge of Unison’s bi-directional control and communication from the 1073 plug-in to the digitally controlled mic preamps in the Apollo Twin, Apollo DUO, and Apollo QUAD interfaces. With Unison, the Apollo preamp changes to the Neve 1073’s physical input impedance, allowing both “Lo” (300 Ω) and “Hi” (1200 Ω) impedance setting options. This provides the 1073’s full gain and tonal range to your favorite studio mics.
However, even those using the Neve 1073 as a UAD powered plug-in will find the warmth and character of the vintage desk transforming their mixes. A review of the UAD 1073 Collection will follow soon.
UAD AAX 64 Windows 7 Compatibility
The long awaited Windows AAX versions of UAD powered plug-ins is shipping - read more here
Other features with the Windows 7 release are;
- AudioSuite support (offline processing for audio clips)
- Offline bounce support (faster than realtime bounce to disk)
- Multi-mono support (adjust independent settings for multi-channel tracks)
Download UAD v7.7 Software
Existing UAD owners should visit the Universal Audio web site to download v7.7 software.