We can now reveal that PatchWork 1.2 is due to be released next week, bringing the promised MIDI routing capabilities and many more enhancements. Existing owners can already download it as a preview using their current license
The team at Blue Cat have been very busy and they tell us that the preview version has been extensively tested, but may not be the final version. If you do try the review, then they do ask you to report back to tell them if it works fine for you (or not).
Blue Cat Audio PatchWork v.2 - New Features:
- MIDI Routing: custom MIDI routes can be created to connect plug-ins together and with the host application to send and receive MIDI.
- Plug-in instance renaming: it is now possible to give a name to each instances of a plug-in.
- Mono to stereo processing: the plug-in can now be used as a mono to stereo plug-in and process mono tracks with stereo effects in hosts that support it.
Blue Cat Audio PatchWork v.2 - Improvements:
- Improved performance of undo tracking when loading presets for plug-ins with many parameters.
- The “Parameters Map” menu item is now checked when a parameter is mapped.
- Improved performance when changing the size of the plug-in user interface.
- Fixes and compatibility improvements:
- Fixed keyboard stealing issue in many host applications when sub plug-ins editors are opened (except 32-bit applications on Mac).
- Fixed compatibility issue with Pro Tools 9 on Mac (random crashes).
- Fixing crashes with some plug-ins requesting information while being opened.