Russ, Mike, Neil and James bring you another show with talking points, tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Titles We Like
- Groove 3 have their Black November Sales 50% off downloads and the All Access Pass $99 for the year
- Win A Day Recording At Alchemea Studios - Use Two SSL Desks And Other Top Gear
- Win A Nugen Audio Plug-in Until The End Of November
- Plugin Boutique - BigKick £23.30 - 30% Saving
- Drumdrops Folk Rock Drops Volumes 1 & 2 - 30% Discount
- Exponential Audio R2 Reverb Plug-in - Members Only Deal only until Nov 10th 2014
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
- Apollo 16 Thunderbolt Audio Interface has been awarded best interface in this year’s Resolution Magazine Awards!
- Working From Home? 5 Ways Artists Can Overcome The Art Of Procrastination And Get Things Done
- What Are Your Pro Tools Upgrade Plans?
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
- RSPE recently supplied two S6 control surfaces to the California Institute of the Arts for use in their Film/Video programs
- Troels Jorgensen offers a user tip where you can use virtually any MIDI controller to control plug-ins in Pro Tools. See his tip on the DUC.
- Several folk have responded with recommendations for cataloging hard drives.
- Grant Hall recommends DiskTracker which is a Mac OS X only disk cataloging app.
- Garrett Miller recommends Disk Catalog Maker (Again Mac Only) for $30.
- Our own Neil Hester has researched some Windows alternatives
- Andrew Downes has some advice for Timo from Podcast 133 for batch processing files
Questions - Kindly Sponsored by Alchemea
- The amazing contest where someone will win a day of recording at Alchemea
- The upcoming ReVoice Pro 3 launch event following on the success of the RedNet event.
- Mark Beling is having trouble with setting up hardware inserts with Thunderbolt Apollo interfaces.
- Basil Fearrington is upgrading to Pro Tools 11 but has problems because he has 2 iLoks on different accounts and asked what he can do.
- Augustin Georgescu has an Mbox 2 without PT software and cannot change the sample rate to 48k, what can he do?
- Carlos Bermon is having problems with Structure 2.0.3 that isn’t in Structure 2.0 when using 2 Cajon patches in Structure.
- Colin Mansfield occasionally has problems with MIDi notes not playing back. He uses a number of workarounds, do we have any solutions?
- Chris Bach has had problems with changing the clock on a PT system that is not connected to the internet and then iLok wanting to sync to check the licenses, what can he do to resolve it?
Find Of The Week
- Mike - iZotope Ozone 6 - I get it now and love the way it looks and works
- Neil - Synthmaster Player VI with 800 patches for just $9
- James - Sonivox TWIST synth
- Russ - Studio One 2