Russ, Mike, Neil and James bring you another show with talking points, tips, tricks and questions answered.
Groove 3 Titles We Like
- Groove 3 have their Big November Sales 50% off downloads and the All Access Pass $99 for the year
- Reason 8 Explained from Todd Tatnall
- Win A Day Recording At Alchemea Studios - Use Two SSL Desks And Other Top Gear
- Win A Nugen Audio Plug-in Until The End Of November
- Plugin Boutique - BigKick £23.30 - 30% Saving
- Drumdrops Folk Rock Drops Volumes 1 & 2 - 30% Discount
Talking Points Kindly Sponsored By Universal Audio
- Buy an Apollo before 31 December this year and receive up to 5 free plug-ins valued at up to $1295 or buy a 4-710d Mic Pre and get a FREE UAD-2 Quad DSP Accelerator (PCIe or Satellite) Also New UAD version 7.11 software featuring new Manley Stereo Variable Mu Limiter Compressor
- Munro Sonic Review: The New Version Of The Egg 150 Monitoring System
- Synchro Arts Revoice Pro 3 Launch Event Goes Down A Storm
- One Producer’s Continuing Hunt For A Good Control Surface For Pro Tools
- Gobbler Hold Their Hands Up To Their Email Mistake & Put It Right
- How Do You Collaborate? A Look At Collaboration Workflows And Technologies For Creatives
Community Feedback Kindly Sponsored by RSPE Audio Solutions
- November deals at RSPE include promotions from SPL, A Designs, Crane Song and more
- Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant wanted to ask Pro Tools Windows users shout about issues when changing sample rates between sessions with ASIO implant interfaces. Please contribute to this post on the DUC and also the Ideascale forum.
- Johnnie Sloan asks if we can review Rob Chiarelli’s Mix Buss Lite plug-in.
- Glenn Skinner wants to give Spitfire Audio a shout out. He says they are well known in the film music world but less well known elsewhere.
- Matt Mann wanted to suggest that the only solution to the Avid and Pro Tools debacle is for someone else to buy Pro Tools who could provide the love and support the users deserve. He also created a graphic of how he would like it to look.
- Lari Paavilainen wanted to tell us that Avid have released v1.3 that hopefully fixed a number of the bugs. However when we checked it out the S6 v1.3 read me states it needs Pro Tools v11.2.2 but the 11.2.2 read me advises S6 users not to upgrade to 11.2.2.
- Kevin de Wit wants to tell us that he has found a work round when banking faders when using the Presonus Faderport with Pro Tools.
- Francois Best asked us add the Virtual Mix Rack with the free Revival module in our free AAX & RTAS plug-in list.
- Guy Dean would like to know what music we have been listening to this year, we have just posted 25 Songs Every Synth Lover Should Hear And Why
- Edward Lamb is not very happy with Avid about the new upgrade and support plans. Also he isn’t too pleased with Gobbler as he would like to stay with Gobbler 1.
Questions - Kindly Sponsored by Alchemea
- Brandon Bostic has an interesting issue with UAD plug-in in Pro Tools 11.2.1 where selecting a UAD plug-in he gets a different random UAD plug-in, not the one he had chosen.
- Marty Dickerson would like our advice on tracking and processing guitars using multiple instances of emulation plug-ins like Amplitube.
Find Of The Week
- Mike - Point1Post a great facility in Elstree for film post work, with Graham and Adam Daniel, if you have a film in production and you need a cost effective space to mix it in Dolby Atmos, or not, then check these guys out.
- Neil - Hired Gun
- James - Slate VMR
- Russ - Cymbal rolls Do You Want Perfect Cymbal Rolls From A Sampler? This May Be What You Are Looking For