We get a lot of very nice emails thanking us for the work of the team on the blog. Sometimes people say ‘I owe you big time.’ The team have a shared passion, to serve freely, our income keeps the servers buzzing and the lights on. So here are 5 ways to say thank you, we call it paying forward.
- Find someone who is just starting out and give them some of your free time to show them some tips.
- Give someone something you don’t use anymore. It might be something large or small, it’s not the size or value that matters simply the act of generosity - it’s contagious.
- Be radical and write to someone to tell them how much you appreciate them. It could be a software developer, gear manufacturer, author, producer. Trust us, a letter that says thanks puts a smile on every face.
- Offer to help in a local studio, store, online forum, web for FREE. Even the richest companies in the world don’t have enough money and people to do everything.
- Spend less time in forums and on social media talking about this stuff and go and use the skills you have to bring some creative light into this world. The best way you can thank us is by using the knowledge you have to be more creative.
Now get out of here and pay it forward.
And by the way… THANK YOU!