With the support of iLok, more tips & tricks from the community. Here is the winner from Podcast 87 from Justin Doherty…
Hi fellas.. Don’t know if worthy of a tip. But it was helpful fix for me….. I had been successfully using Pro Tools 11 on my MacBook Pro using ilok2, until I updated the iLok License Manager to the latest 2.2.2. Upon launching PT11 it asked me to activate PT11 on the ilok. When I clicked Activate, a message came up saying you don’t have any licenses in your account or none of the licenses there have activations available. To cut a long story short, the following procedure provided by iLok help team worked for me.
- Unplug all iLoks from your computer.
- Launch iLok License Manager. If you see “operation in progress” immediately upon launching, wait until the message clears before signing in. BE PATIENT. Do not close the application. When the initial operation is finished, sign in.
- Plug in ONE iLok.
- Double-click the plugged in iLok in the left-hand location column to open the Details Pane.
- Click the “Sync/Repair” link, and wait until the process completes. Again, be patient and let it do its job. The progress bar may flicker and at some points it may look like nothing is happening but you need to wait for the confirmation that the process is finished. This may take some time, especially for a first generation iLok.
- Verify that all expected licenses are now seen on your iLok, or in some cases, a license may be in your account instead of on the iLok. All expired licenses will be moved to your account.
- Repeat steps 3-6 until you have performed a Sync/Repair on each iLok.
Mike - We had 2 questions in the Podcast list that this process is the solution for, so if you have any issues with iLok licenses appearing to go missing then follow these instructions.
If you would like the chance to win a stormtrooper iLok, courtesy of iLok, send in tips you think no one has thought about. Please don’t just send shortcuts which are easily found elsewhere, or pull ideas from the manual; instead, be creative about your tips & tricks. Please use the Contact Us page to send us have your tips.