It seems like the 500 series bug is biting more and more manufacturers at an astounding rate!
Classic hardware manufacturer Drawmer are the lastest to invest in the format with the announcement of their new DS101 Noise Gate, Based on a single-channel of their DS201 unit the DS101 is Drawmers first 500 series unit and im sure there will be more:
Heres the details from Drawmers Website:
DS101 - Noise Gate for the 500 Series
- Fully featured noise gate based on the industry standard DS201.
- Takes up a single 500 series slot.
- Proprietary Hysteris or “trigger stabilization” to prevent “chatter” around the threshold.
- Fully variable high pass and low pass filters for “frequency conscious” gating.
- Comprehensive envelope control, attack, hold, decay, and range.
- External triggering via key input or the new IR trigger pulse from another DS101.
- “Key Listen” facility.
- Extremely fast attack time, to preserve the natural attack of the sound.
- Linkable - up to ten units in one rack space - with individual envelope shaping.
- Drawmer “traffic lighting” metering.
- Can be used for “Gating” or “Ducking”.
- Low noise design.