Following Podcast 30, Boris Prell at Avid sent us this really helpful breakdown of licenes, iLoks and Pro Tools and lowlatency software….
- All M-Powered 8 and MP9 iLoks were pre-authorized for immediately usage (without registration)
- All Pro Tools 9 packages included pre-authorized iLoks for immediately usage, including the bundles with MBox that are still in the market.
- Pro Tools 10 contains an empty iLok and an activation code
- Pro Tools 10 EDU contains an empty iLok and an EDU verification code, you need to proof that you are a student before you get an activation code and then you get 4 years free upgrades as well
- Eleven Rack (Avid Packaging) contains an empty iLok and an activation code. Only the first bunch of Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 9 (old Digidesign packaging originally which shipped with LE) included an empty iLok and a paper activation card.
Monitoring with Fast Tracks and MBoxes:
- Interfaces with Mixer-Software:
- MBox 3rd Gen, MBox Pro 3rd Gen, Fast Track Ultra/Ultra 8R, Fast Track C400/600
- Interfaces without Mixer-Software (these interfaces do have a knob or a button or a Pro Tools low latency monitoring feature)
- MBox Mini 3rd Gen, Fast Track Pro, Fast Track mk I and II, Mobile Pre, MBox2’s, 002/003
Thanks Boris for clearing this up for us.