It may well be that Pro Tools version 10.1.3 has attended to issues related to plug-ins, although no documentation points to that.
However from a dig around under the hood of the installer it soon becomes clear that 10.1.3 has replacement installers for many, if not all, of the plug-ins.
Secondly users are also reporting that plug-in load when launching is far quicker, we have also seen the same thing. It would stand to reason that with the introduction of a new plug-in architecture in the form of AAX, that there may well be teething problems intergrating it into the exisiting app.
Remember 10 is a transition, or in the words of Bobby Lombardi ‘a bridge’ to a 64 bit version of Pro Tools.
Are you experiencing the same kind of difference from 10.1.3? Post you joy and pain stories from the upgrade.
I have just installed 10.1.3 onto my 10.1.1 PT10 HDX ssytem and although there are a bucket load of plug-in installers in the 10.1.3 installer my insallation has only updated 4 .dpm files, all the other files, I checked were the same version as what was in the 10.1.3 installer.
I have also done my usual stress test, recording 24 tracks at 24 bt and have no signs of problems. I stopped and started recording it it was very responsive. so far all is well with me.
But remember if you are in the middle of a big project don’t do the update. Wait until the pressure is off then do it. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it!
If you open up and explore the payload there are a lot of plug-in installers with new dates on them, I think 25th April.
Yes there are loads of plug-ins in the installer with recent mod dates but on my system where I updated my installation, rather than did a fresh install, if the version matches it didn’t use the version from the installer, even if the version on the installer had a more recent mod. date. For example the mixer.aaxplugin file is in the installer with a mod date of April 2012 but the mixer.aaxplugin on my system has a Dec 2011 mod date but is the same version number (10.0.1.37 from memory) and so the installer didn’t bother using the newer version from the installer. The only plug-ins it actually updated were the 4 in the screenshot.