In this review, Pro Tools Expert takes a close look at UVI's new Rotary effects plug-in. Rotary includes seven cabinet emulations, virtual microphone positioning system and in-depth controls for manipulating the speed at which the tremolo effect starts and ends. This is a very retro style plug-in with a lot character and charm. Watch the video to hear the results of Rotary on Hammond Organ, Piano and Mellotron tracks.
Run guitars and keyboards tracks through Rotary and you'll get instant vintage wobble and howl reminiscent of early 60's and 70's recordings. The GUI is simple to use yet it does lack a wet/dry mix control and a number of the controls are found under a separate "Settings" page that we feel should be on the main page of the interface.
For more information and to download the demo please visit the UVI website.
- Custom microphone placement (hemispherical)
- Intuitive macro controls (width, distance, skew) and independent click-drag microphone placement
- 3D real-time ray-traced early reflections, simulating up to third order
- Shape sounds naturally (metrics based on original horn / drum directivity measurements)
- Precise angular Doppler effect
- Realistic sound diffusion for open and closed box configurations
- Precise tone reproduction (measured horn / drum impulse responses)
- Amplifier Drive: faithful reproduction of even / odd harmonics
- Amplifier Pre-Emphasis control (compensates horn frequency response)