In this video review Pro Tools Expert team member Dan Cooper takes a look at the new EZX Dream Pop for EZ Drummer 2 by Toontrack. Thank you our Friends at Time+Space for providing us with a copy for this review. To purchase EZX Dream Pop please visit the Time+Space website.
Watch the video to hear a selection of the 29 included drum presets and to see how this differs from other EZX products such as the EZX Traditional Country Drums & EZX Seventies Rock Drums.
- Produced by Addeboy vs. Cliff (Say Lou Lou, Roxette) and Mattias Eklund (Toontrack)
- Acoustic, electronic and hybrid sounds
- Percussive foley sampled from a rich variety of elements
- Close to 250 instruments in total
- 29 preset kits
- A selection of MIDI grooves included
- Download, Install, Activate and keep track of update via the Toontrack Product Manager
EZX Dream Pop is a very welcome addition to my growing EZ Drummer library. I love the close mic sounds of the acoustic kits. The dry and upfront acoustic samples blend seamlessly with the electronic hits. Dream Pop doesn't feature drum "overhead" or "room" channels commonly found in drum VIs - instead, the internal mixer of EZ Drummer provides alternative ambient processes in the forms of reverbs and delays. In short EZX Dream Pop performs like a dry 70's kit with an 80's vibe and sparkle.